Switch Ups Level 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 14, 2009
Are switch ups to the top legal in level 3 if you grab the ankle at the bottom? The rules are confusing me lol.

Are switch ups to the top legal in level 3 if you grab the ankle at the bottom? The rules are confusing me lol.
If you maintain contact the whole time then it isn't a release move and you can do it.

seen it done to extension, but back-spot maintained contact throughout the entire release... as a judge I would not recommend these because since the contact is maintained it technically is considered not a release and considered just a transition to an extension. legal 360's (prep) and half/3/4 up to extensions one legs and creative entries to extension one legs are the most impressive in this division.

3/4 up to ext is illegal in level 3.

seen it done to extension, but back-spot maintained contact throughout the entire release... as a judge I would not recommend these because since the contact is maintained it technically is considered not a release and considered just a transition to an extension. legal 360's (prep) and half/3/4 up to extensions one legs and creative entries to extension one legs are the most impressive in this division.

Back