All-Star Switching Gyms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 27, 2023
At the gym I am at right now, it’s going pretty good! I enjoy being there and the coaches are really nice, but even though this is my first season here, something feels “missing”. Idk what it is but it’s making me worry about basically everything going around in our gym, I am normally a lot more care-free and relaxed but it is making me debate on whether or not I should switch to a different, bigger gym.

The gym I’m at right now is a relatively small gym with only about 40-50 people and I am about 10-15 minutes away from there.
The gym holds fundraisers every month and ALL parents are expected to contribute.
There is only one head coach that does almost everything in our routines and all the other coaches are of high school, early college, junior high age.
Our gym does pretty bad in competitions and we normally go to local and big competitions (3-6comps per season)
We have really bad injuries almost at least once per couple weeks with small ones every week
Our gym is like one of those “family” gyms where everyone knows and is friends with each other
And our gym is only a few years old

And the gym I wanted to go to is a pretty big one with 350+ athletes and I’m 50 min away But I can’t drive yet and my parents are tight on schedule to be able to drive me
It’s a good name and lots of people recommend it.
It sometimes holds a couple fundraisers
The gym is 15+ years old
They do well in comps
Coaches are full-time employees

I’m still thinking about what to do but I need your advice FierceBoarders!!

I love small gyms and maybe this hits too close to home, but go to the larger gym. Serious injuries happening regularly is a major red flag.

I love small gyms and maybe this hits too close to home, but go to the larger gym. Serious injuries happening regularly is a major red flag.
Thanks for the advice! Still thinking it through though till our last comp of the season since the injuries have lessened for a few weeks. Definitely gonna try to convince my mom to give different gyms some thought (she’s prob gonna just say her way tho lol)

Back