All-Star Team Motivation

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 11, 2013
So I have been working on finding a new strong motivational quote. Every year right around the time we begin running full out I choose a practice to give my team a saying to place under the sole of their left shoe. (I choose the left side because it is closer to the heart). I noticed from the first year I did this a lot of the kids tell each other "remember what is in that shoe" at certain times eg. Right before taking the mat at comps, rough practices, etc. I would love to keep this tradition going and that time of year is approaching and I'm stumped any help?! Last years quote was "Second place hurts more than pushing through the routine."

"Ask yourself if what you are doing today is getting you closer to where you want to be tomorrow."
"Where there is no struggle there is no strength."
"Respect the training. Honor the commitment. Cherish the results."
"You earn your trophies at practice. You just pick them up at competitions."
"If you are not willing to risk it all, you don't want it bad enough."
"Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen."

Here are a few of my favorites. My oldest CP, now retired from cheer, used to love giving "pep" talks before competitions so I have A LOT of motivational quotes saved :)

So I have been working on finding a new strong motivational quote. Every year right around the time we begin running full out I choose a practice to give my team a saying to place under the sole of their left shoe. (I choose the left side because it is closer to the heart). I noticed from the first year I did this a lot of the kids tell each other "remember what is in that shoe" at certain times eg. Right before taking the mat at comps, rough practices, etc. I would love to keep this tradition going and that time of year is approaching and I'm stumped any help?! Last years quote was "Second place hurts more than pushing through the routine."

"There's 3 options, give up, give in, or give it all you've got."

I have this on a shirt and I love it!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

"Ask yourself if what you are doing today is getting you closer to where you want to be tomorrow."
"Where there is no struggle there is no strength."
"Respect the training. Honor the commitment. Cherish the results."
"You earn your trophies at practice. You just pick them up at competitions."
"If you are not willing to risk it all, you don't want it bad enough."
"Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen."

Here are a few of my favorites. My oldest CP, now retired from cheer, used to love giving "pep" talks before competitions so I have A LOT of motivational quotes saved :)

Oh I LOVE the third one! May have to "borrow" that one. :)

My cp, who has a fear of throwing new skills because she's afraid of getting hurt, has:

"don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game"

written on hers. Her coach also had them write Do(nt) (qu)It on the back and their season goal on the bottom.

We write small around here lol.

Back