All-Star Team Name Ideas (help)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 13, 2009
I need help coming up with names for 15 teams. We usually don't have team names at our gym but we took a vote and the girls want names this season.

I'm looking for 15 cohesive names with any theme. Some the girls submitted were:

Glitter
Shimmer
Shine
Flair
Twinkle
Glow

Flawless
Fourtune
Fame
VIP
Glitz
Glam

Starburst
Starling
Starlight
Shooting Stars

Believe
Inspire
Hope
Faith

Which I'm sure you see are all over the board. We need one theme and 15 manes to match. We're open to anything, let's here your ideas :)

What are your gym colours? You could do different names based on colour ie blue- teal, navy, indigo, slate, turquoise, Sky xo

I always thought TV show names could be fun:

Big Bang
Supernatural
Scandal
Law & Order
True Blood
Doctor Who
American Idol
Younger Teams:
Team Umizoomi
Young and the Restless (maybe not appropriate but, funny):D
Full House

Note: I don't watch much TV so, a show name might not be appropriate but, there are a lot of good ones out there.

Big Bang
Supernatural
Scandal
Law & Order
True Blood
Doctor Who
American Idol
Younger Teams:
Team Umizoomi
Full House

Note: I don't watch much TV so, a show name might not be appropriate but, there are a lot of good ones out there.
Wow! @catlady I really like this idea and it may be creative and innovative, just like Rockstar gym using rock band names...

What about fashion designers?

Versace
Gucci
MK
Chanel
McQueen
Armani
Jacobs
Valentino
Louboutin
Prada
Dior
Hilfiger
Dolce
Gabbana
Garavani

Side note: the more I see these team name threads pop up, the more ideas I get for bad themes. My favs so far are a "street drug" theme and a "characters who had wrongful deaths in Harry Potter" theme.

I like most of the ones the girls came up with. Maybe not original but so what? Most of them are a theme. If they get to name their own teams they might be more motivated!

I wished you gave the name of your gym, but I was thinking of some possible directions to go with team names...
I broke it down mostly by levels and possible divisions too...I thought about karate's belt colors are white(1), orange(2), yellow(2), green(3), purple(3), blue(4), brown, red(4/5), red- black(5) and then black(5/6)
All teams will be named after flowers-
Primarily, if we name the team by levels using the karate belt color concept:
Level 1 teams will take on names of WHITE color flowers and by divisions, maybe the SIZE of the flower petals.
Example - Mini 1 team may be name because of the small petal size and color - Sweet Peas, Lily; Senior 1- Tulips, Magnolias, White Roses...
Level 2 teams can use either Yellow or Orange color flowers, such as a Jr2 team might be call either Yellow-Sunflower or Orange- Chrysanthemum, etc...

I hope you get the idea of where I am going with this team names...

Last edited:
Sounds kinda strange but you could do types of metals .. i ended up falling in love with this idea after researching it just now!
I put the team next to the name that i personally think would suit it best but I dont know your teams and you obviously dont have to do it the same as I did ! Good luck !!

Tiny - Zinc
Copper
Brass
Aluminum
Iron
Mercury
Chrome
Highest Level Youth - Steel
Titanium
Obsidian (not a metal but a gem/mineral, i think flows well)
Onyx (not a metal, i think it still works)
Bronze
Silver
Highest Level Junior Team - Gold
Highest Level Senior Team - Platinum

These are also some "diva" type names I think could be cute!

Divabytes
Divas
Starlets
Shining Stars
HotShots
Superstars
Celebs
VIPs
Sensations
Divine
Prestige
Leading Ladies
Models
Idols
Glamarazzis (spin on paparazzi)

Would you give out the first letter of your gym? I was thinking maybe take that letter and then find words beginning with that. Say it's L, lilies, ladybugs, lemondrops, liberty, love, lightning, luck, and so on. :)

Would you give out the first letter of your gym? I was thinking maybe take that letter and then find words beginning with that. Say it's L, lilies, ladybugs, lemondrops, liberty, love, lightning, luck, and so on. :)

Elite Cheer Stars

Thanks guys, these are great

I always liked when levels had the same name like
Minior Blue
Junior Blue
Senior Blue, so you could have one name for every level!

Going of the metal theme:

Level 1:
Mr/Jr/Sr Onyx
Level 2:
Mr/Jr/Sr Silver
Level 3:
Mr/Jr/Sr Chrome
Level 4:
Mr/Jr/Sr Steel
Level 5:
Mr/Jr/Sr Gold

Big Bang
Supernatural
Scandal
Law & Order
True Blood
Doctor Who
American Idol
Younger Teams:
Team Umizoomi
Full House

Don't forget Hellcats! I got so many ideas now.. Elementary, Friends, Entourage.. :D

Back