Team Usa Junior Elite!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 21, 2015
Click For Full Article

Today, USA Cheer announced the schools represented on the U.S. Junior Coed and All Girl National Teams, which will represent the United States in the Junior Elite Division at the 2018 International Cheer Union (ICU) World Championship, which takes place April 25-27, 2018 at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at the Walt Disney World® Resorts.

Carrie DeBold of Kentucky has been named Head Coach of the Junior All Girl National Team for her second year. DeBold has coached Eastside Middle School to nine Kentucky Middle School State Championships, two World School Championships and four UCA Junior National Stunt Group Championships.

“We are honored to be selected to represent the U.S. in a sport that we truly love. To be selected as the U.S. Junior National All Girl team is something bigger than just our team; we are carry the hopes of a nation on our shoulders, and to be selected for the challenge is humbling and exciting.” —Carrie DeBold

Jessica Spitale, the current head coach at Brother Martin High School in New Orleans, has been named Head Coach for the Junior Coed U.S. National Team. Spitale, who was captain of the Louisiana State University team as a cheerleader, was also a two-time High School Coed Partner Stunt National Champion. She coached the St. Catherine of Siena Catholic School team to three National championships before taking on coaching responsibilities for Brother Martin High School.

“Two of my greatest passions in life are cheerleading and love for my country. Being selected to coach the U.S. Junior Coed National Team is an extreme honor for me and has truly humbled me to the core. I look forward to proudly representing the USA with these talented athletes.” —Jessia Spitale

Tony Nash, Director of U.S. National Teams for USA Cheer, is excited for the teams and confident in their leadership.

“I am excited to have Carrie DeBold and her staff back to compete as the U.S. Junior All Girl National Team for 2018. Last year, Carrie and her staff led the first U.S. Junior All Girl Team to the inaugural ICU Junior World Championship, where they amazed the ICU Championship with their difficult routine and performed it effortlessly. Jessica Spitale is a former LSU cheerleader, which gives her a wealth of knowledge at all skill levels. We are extremely confident in her ability to bring together a group of athletes to form the U.S. Junior Coed National Team.” —Tony Nash

The 2017 ICU World Championships was the inaugural year for the Junior Elite and Junior Advanced divisions. The precision, skill, and maturity shown by junior-aged athletes from around the world was a true testament to their pride in their countries and in this sport. Both Team USA All Girl and Coed Junior National Teams took home gold in their Junior Elite divisions. We’re ready for a repeat!!

The Junior U.S. National Teams will be comprised of athletes from the following schools:

• Eastside Middle School | Mount Washington, KY
  • Bullitt East High School | Mount Washington, KY
  • Bullitt Central High School | Bardstown, KY
  • Brother Martin High School | New Orleans, LA
  • Mount Carmel Academy | New Orleans, LA
  • Dominican High School | New Orleans, LA
  • Archbishop Chapelle High School | Metairie, LA
  • St. Catherine of Siena Junior High | Metairie, LA
  • St. Clement of Rome Junior High | Metairie, LA
  • St. Josephs Academy | Baton Rouge, LA
  • Live Oak High School | Watson, LA
  • Live Oak Junior High | Livingston Parish, LA
  • Jesuit High School | New Orleans, LA
  • Archbishop Shaw High School | Marrero, LA

More information can be found at USA Cheer, the national governing body for the sport of cheerleading in the United States.

Back