OT Teen Mom-og, Teen Mom 2, Teen Mom 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

Pebbles49

Cheer Parent
Jan 27, 2014
I was wondering if anyone watching this program, it is showing the couples and children 6 years later and most of the babies are now in 1st grade... The couples, Tyler and Catelynn, Maci and Ryan, Amber and Gary, Farrah,,, What are your thoughts, if you are watching these young people, good, bad or indifferent?

Last edited:
You know, I never watched any of the Teen Mom programs, but this one... I seemed to care more about these young people lives...
Farrah- Something is seriously wrong with this chick...Her behavior, particularly against her Mom will have serious repercussions... She dangles that little girl (Sophia) like a carrot and this little girl will grow up not being able to feel empathy or sympathy for anyone and furthermore, Farrah and Sophia seem to live a life so isolated from others... (friends, children, etc...) Does Sophia even goes to school?

Tyler and Catelynn are my favorites and I wish them all the best together... Furthermore, I really like Butch and appreciated he apologized to Tyler for his shortcomings and showed Tyler a lot of respect as a dad...Butch is great!

Last edited:
You know, I never watched any of the Teen Mom programs, but this one... I seemed to care more about these young people lives...
Farrah- Something is seriously wrong with this chick...Her behavior, particularly against her Mom will have serious repercussions... She dangles that little girl (Sophia) like a carrot and this little girl will grow up not being able to feel empathy or sympathy for anyone and furthermore, Farrah and Sophia seem to live a life so isolated from others... (friends, children, etc...) Does Sophia even goes to school?

Tyler and Catelynn are my favorites and I wish them all the best together... Furthermore, I really like Butch and appreciated he apologized to Tyler for his shortcomings and showed Tyler a lot of respect as a dad...Butch is great!

I agree 110% with what you said

I agree .. Farrah is so horrible .. Her mom needs to just cut her off. I would never talk to my mom like that .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get so angry at Farrah because she does not realize the damage being inflicted on Sophia. Sophia seems to act so young compared to the other young children and very disrespectful towards her grandparents, she is spoiled and bratty(sorry for talking badly about a child, but it is her Mom's fault)..

Maci and Ryan have not grown at all in co-parenting and seems to still behave like a newly broken up couple...The things they are fighting about is so old and tired...

Last edited:
I LOVE teen mom haha, every version of it and I've watched it all since 16 and Pregnant (I'm guessing I was just the perfect age group targeted for when it came out haha)!
Catelynn and Tyler and literally the cutest couple ever, like legitimate couple goals! I hate that we don't get to see Carly's face anymore, even though I understand the reasoning behind it - I just want to compare Nova and Carly, Nova looks so much like Carly did!
I'm a huge Maci fan and I agree that their co-parent strategies are the exact same but that problem is 100% Ryan's fault. He still acts like he's 17, I don't blame Maci for treating him like that. Especially because in previous episides, Bentley has starting commenting things on how he never sees his dad, how he only likes going over there for his grandparents etc. It's really sad!

I've never actually liked Amber before this season, but I'm assuming what I wasn't liking was her on drugs and without medication because I'm really liking her this season! Leah is so adorable, but it also seems like she can be very manipulative.. Amber needs to find a way to take a step back regarding her co-parenting wants and acknowledge that for 2 years Gary did it all AND that Amber is kind of known for repeatedly falling back on to bad habits. I do think she's looking and acting much healthier and I hope she can get some better time with Leah though!
And Farrah... well I don't think anyone likes her. Sophia is going to have some major issues in the future - it breaks my heart to see her go to the producers covering her ears every time Farrah talks to her mother because Sophia doesn't like to see them cry! Farrah is absolutely disgusting to her parents, I'd reallllllly love to learn exactly what happened in Farrah's childhood because she's hinted multiple times towards her mother ruining it etc. and as much as thats private, I think it could **possibly** help people understand the situation? Maybe I'm just trying to be too positive here though..

Wow, @marissa.d how quickly you wrap-up the scenarios of each couple is fabulous and I totally agree...
However, I am thinking with Amber, she seems to be having Daddy issues and I wondered what type of relationship she had with her own daddy...
Farrah seems to be stuck in the past and refuses to allow anyone to get close to her or she push or cling on to someoe before they can get to that stage in the relationship...However, she is doing the right thing by talking to a shrink, but this shrink is not helping much...
Well, Maci and Ryan are 2 people who had a baby too quickly and Ryan is stuck and never grew past the handsome HS teen boy that all the girls wanted and fawned over including his own Mother. (Maci initially was only attracted to Ryan because of his looks) So in some ways Ryan is in competition with Bentley, because he is no longer young and his looks are fading. Hence, the reason why he disappears whenever Bentley is around...

I hate watch Teen Mom OG/2. It's unhealthy but I can't help it. Unpopular opinion but I think Tyler is extremely immature and manipulative, especially in his attitude towards Brandon and Theresa. Those two are saints. Amber needs to get off her couch every once in a while. Gary has grown massively as a parent but I still get the idea that he uses Leah as a bit of a pawn. Maci needs to stop the God complex with regards to Ryan and coparent. She's also ALWAYS holding a can of beer this series lol. Farrah... oh Farrah.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

to be honest i cant stand any of them, other then maybe tyler and catelynn.

i think Maci is spoiled, clearly she isnt told no very much by the way she treats and talks to ryan and even her fiance. I know its been said quite a bit that ryan doesnt like being on camera, which is probably why he acts so annoyed half the time they show him. Then again, to me his parents come off as if they baby ryan like a child. They need to kinda force him to get his own place and a job, cause i feel like thats the only way that kid is ever gonna grow up.

I think amber and gary need to grow up and get some real jobs or something. They both come off as complete train wrecks.

As far as farrah, i feel like in a few years she'll end up in some form of rehab. (and not celebrity rehab) Im kinda shocked that girl doesnt have some form of drug or alcohol problem considering the things she's done and the people she likes to surround herself with.

I mean do any of these kids have actual jobs other then a teen mom paycheck.... i know maci went to college and had a job working for a radio show at some point, but other then that none of them have really done much. Most of them arent teens anymore so i wouldnt be surprised if the show ended soon after maybe another season or two.

This show is my guilty pleasure. I absolutely love catelyn and Tyler. I love that Butch could go to their wedding, and seems to be serious about staying clean. I find Amber a little irritating. Gary stepped up and took care of Leah for years, and Amber isn't realizing that. I also love Maci but she does need to let Ryan take Bentley more. Farrah is just a hot mess and doesn't realize the damage she is causing to her child. She can't seem to have a kind or normal conversation with anyone which is sooo insane to me. I hated the episode when she wasn't wanted at the white party and was blaming it on teen mom and mtv.

I was wondering if anyone watching this program, it is showing the couples and children 6 years later and most of the babies are now in 1st grade... The couples, Tyler and Catelynn, Maci and Ryan, Amber and Gary, Farrah,,, What are your thoughts, if you are watching these young people, good, bad or indifferent?
Farrah is absolute trash.

I found out that Farrah is exactly 10 days older than I am and that scared the living daylights out of me. I could, in theory, have an eight year old child right now.

Catelynn and Tyler's initial episode on 16 and Pregnant made me bawl my eyes out, but I thought they were by far the most emotionally mature couple on that season. I found it really sad how neither of their parents initially supported the adoption plan for Carly (hell, I'll say it: I think Catelynn's mom wanted the state $$ that Catelynn would be eligible for as an unwed mother had she decided to raise the baby herself) and I was really proud of Catelynn and Tyler for realizing that they were incapable of raising the child properly. Other couples on that season have had their children taken away from them, and out of the first season they are the only couple that is still together. (And, if wikipedia is reliable, the are one of only 12 couples from the entire show that are still together following the birth of their kid.)

I cried watching their wedding, too. I'm just so happy that they were able to make the best out of a terrible situation and make their lives better.

Back