The Difference Between Sport And Competition

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 19, 2016
Riddle me this! Riddle me that! I pull a question from my hat!

The question I suspect will be quite the thought provoker

Q: is there truly such a difference between what can be defined as Sport and what can be defined as Competition?

A: to me, yes there is quite a large wide far and away difference between the two and like royalty and common folk never the two shall meet!

When I think sport I think basketball baseball football soccer and a whole who's who of others that have been part of society on earth in many countries all over the world

But yet here am I today's location the famous MA Nationals 2016 in my home city of Fort Worth Texas at the Fort Worth Convention Center watching team after team of Dancers compete and to me there is very little to almost zero doubt in my mind that if competition over sport is what one comes to see then this is the place to be without question as this right now is the hotbed people!

So now a question of debate Worth demands opinion and rebuttal and I turn to you to provide that entertainment!

You lost me on what you want to debate but I think Merriam Webster has your answer

Competition: the act or process of trying to get or win something (such as a prize or a higher level of success) that someone else is also trying to get or win : the act or process of competing

Sport: a contest or game in which people do certain physical activities according to a specific set of rules and compete against each other

Back