All-Star The Majors Teams & Event Talk

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

BlueCat

Roses are red, cats are blue
Dec 14, 2009
Other thread was locked (understandably). Let us please not talk about individual athletes or what some random person said in a tweet.

"@BlueCat As someone who was involved in the first Worlds and the first Majors, how would you say they compared? Or how did it compare to other big events your teams have participated in? This seemed like a really cool experience for the kids and I was just curious as to any similarities or differences with the early days of other competitions."

They were very similar in terms of the size and exclusivity. They both (early Worlds and Majors) did a great job of making the athletes feel honored and important.

The Majors has dramatically better venue, staging, practice area, and production values to any event at Disney, so there is not remotely a comparison there. The Majors was probably second only to NCA Finals at the Arena in terms of overall atmosphere.

Perhaps the "feel" of the event didn't translate well to a webcast, but it was a fantastic event to have been a part of. If we are invited again, I'm sure that we would be happy to attend.

Also, we experienced nothing but great sportsmanship from the other athletes on other teams. I don't know what was being said in the stands by parents, fans, etc., but the teams, athletes, and coaches were all very classy to each other as far as I could tell. Generally, teams at that level tend to be very respectful of each other - much more so than you would think by reading these boards sometimes.

BlueCat -

In the past years on other boards I have jokingly said that since so many "fans" complain they dont want to see anyone but the teams at Worlds who in their minds truly has a chance to win, a concept with an Invitational format where only those teams came would be to their liking. IMO the Majors is a step towards that direction. Piggybacking the event onto Jamfest Indy is a brilliant move. Low risk, guaranteed appeal with the programs invited.

My question is do you think it would work if it was opened up to one or two more divisions even if you use a similar format of the the top 4-5 place finishers at Worlds?

There's been a lot of talk and speculation regarding Top Gun coeds standings in the Majors. First and foremost I agree with BlueCat in that the Majors did an amazing job recognizing the athleticism and accomplishments of all those involved. Being the inaugural year I really do feel that if they slowly grow the attendees and commit to the same quality in production as this year they'll have something great in their hands.

As far as our score is concerned Jamfest acknowledged our coed stunts but only to the bare minimum bc it does not count as majority by their standards. Even with that taken into account our score was still in a position to place atop the division and thennnnnnn lol... we received deductions for what Jamfest considered 2 stunt falls to the ground, a tumbling fall and 2 safety infractions. Although some would consider a few of the deductions subjective they were enough to significantly drop our placement.

Congrats to everyone involved...it was a pleasure to be amongst the Worlds best!

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.762771,-86.160908

I thought the whole competition was amazing. The atmosphere was great even though I was watching through a computer screen. I thought the interviews and the team videos were an excellent idea.

That being said, I feel that it might have put a bit of pressure on the athletes resulting in why many of the teams didn't hit.
Maybe next year it will be a two day event so the teams can get the jitters out.

Overall great competition, and hoping I can attend next year's in person. :cloud9:

Originally, I thought the majors was an event where they would ALL compete against each other.. Coed agains All Girl.. IDK how this would have worked scoring wise, but that is the reason I bought the webcast. Obviously I didn't do my research, and I feel like I wasted 10$ since all of these teams will be at what really matters, Worlds...

Watching from the webcast I couldn't get a feel for the atmosphere at the venue but I'm sure the place was rocking. I did like the intros, coach/owner interviews and the videos played before each team. It increased the excitement level for each team.

I also liked the way they marketed the event directly to the public. I believe this event will end up changing the dynamics of both the industry and the sport.

I stated in the locked Majors thread that I loved this event but I'll put it here too. The staging, the videos, the interviews, the personalization, the athlete introductions, they hype--all of it was excellent!
Jamfest just changed the game. Again.

Every team should be proud of themselves just for being picked to attend the Majors. In my opinion, they are seen as the top 4 coed/5 all girl teams and I would take that as an amazing honor. Falls or not, I'm envious of these teams and their passion, skill, and mindset. I hate to hear that there are other teams and "fans" bashing these young men and women for doing what they love and giving their all. That simply isn't what cheerleading is about.

But on a lighter note, does anyone know if there are some higher quality videos out? I'm guessing I'll have to wait a little while since it hasn't even been a whole day since the competition, but I'm dying to see a better view of some of the dances! :rolleyes:

There's been a lot of talk and speculation regarding Top Gun coeds standings in the Majors. First and foremost I agree with BlueCat in that the Majors did an amazing job recognizing the athleticism and accomplishments of all those involved. Being the inaugural year I really do feel that if they slowly grow the attendees and commit to the same quality in production as this year they'll have something great in their hands.

As far as our score is concerned Jamfest acknowledged our coed stunts but only to the bare minimum bc it does not count as majority by their standards. Even with that taken into account our score was still in a position to place atop the division and thennnnnnn lol... we received deductions for what Jamfest considered 2 stunt falls to the ground, a tumbling fall and 2 safety infractions. Although some would consider a few of the deductions subjective they were enough to significantly drop our placement.

Congrats to everyone involved...it was a pleasure to be amongst the Worlds best!

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.762771,-86.160908

Can I ask what the safety issues were?
E

As a spectator I thought "exclusiveness" and athlete/coach recognition was really cool. I felt it was a bit drawn out, 2 hours for 9 teams is a bit much. Main issue with that is that so many people that were there to watch have to compete Sunday and I felt a long day was unnessarily drawn out.
The energy and "feel" of the event I agree was really cool.

these teams chosen have a reputation of being the best not just for the last few years, but for a while now. IMO, it Select only a few top teams worthy of contending and then highlight them with a competative performance. I LOVE the prevideos and the video montage MAJORS. Keep it that way, and I think the event will skyrocket. All i beg is to LIMIT the amount of teams attending. dont get crazyyyyyyyyyyyyy and invite 20 teams. Keep it prestigious.

Back