The One Cheer Competition

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 28, 2018
So I have a question: Our team has a bid to The One and we will be going to the competition in Louisiana next month........What are we in for? Is it crazy like NCA in Dallas was? This particular competition is very new to me as I grew up in the North and we live, and my daughter competes with a team here in Texas. Any tips so I don't end up a state away and am unprepared???

To be honest, I was very disappointed in The One when we went to NOLA last summer. For the price we paid to attend and all the hype, we were expecting a lot more. The venue was terrible. It was basically a big convention hall with a stage on risers and some folding chairs set up around the stage. There was a spectator area, which I did appreciate. Most people came in to watch their team and then left so there were empty seats most of the time. It seemed really cheap to me. There were about three or four food booths that were out of food most of the time and the lines were insane. The vendor area was also disappointing. They also made a huge mistake on one of our Prep team's scores and they placed last (behind the next team by 20 points!!). When they finally corrected the next day, they moved up 4 places, but it was still a ridiculous error. We traveled from Texas (9 hours) and had to stay 3 nights in the hotel. To me, the one was a waste of time and money. NOLA was fun though. LOL. We go to the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders Competition at AT and T stadium every January and to me, that is worth every penny. Talk about a great venue and a well run competition.

Last edited:
uh oh............... well, we don't get to choose which competitions to go to so I guess I will try to do the best I can. The drive is going to be really long like 10ish hours so hopefully there will be something that is worth it :( I know the girls are all excited to go so that is a huge plus.

It's nothing like NCA, but you can still have fun and make good memories.

We had a fun time, don't get me wrong. It is always fun to spend a weekend with our cheer family and the girls had a great time! Just in terms of the actual competition, it was not the best we have ever been to, but it was an exciting experience (our first time winning a bid to a competition) and the teams we competed against were awesome! There were a couple of teams in our division that blew us away. We were cheering for them almost as much as our own teams!

Back