…the Real Showstoppers

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

syvyvyde.jpg

I know twisters youth black won that division, so are y'all disputing it when you say really? Did you think there were judging errors at cheersport?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure why this qualifies as "Cheer News". I feel like this entire article could have/should have been posted in the Shameless Brag or even Susie's Mom threads. Especially after reading: "Last March, my husband and I told our daughter Nori “No tuck, no tryouts.” Frankly, we didn’t want to see her go through the heartache of another disappointing season."

Shameless bragging and self promotion is what cheermad is all about. I'm shocked they still let her post her articles here. Remember the one not too long ago when she did a whole piece on those silly weight loss body wraps that she Just happened to be selling herself? Come on!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Not sure why this qualifies as "Cheer News". I feel like this entire article could have/should have been posted in the Shameless Brag or even Susie's Mom threads. Especially after reading: "Last March, my husband and I told our daughter Nori “No tuck, no tryouts.” Frankly, we didn’t want to see her go through the heartache of another disappointing season."
I was that mom when my ex-cp was that age...and now she's an EX-cp. Gee I wonder why? SM indeed.

"Editor’s note: By the end of last summer, Nori was throwing her tuck with 18 other teammates."

So basically by the end of the summer, the entire team minus one athlete had Level 3 tumbling skills however still competed Youth 2?

ETA: posted before saw above post!

Remember what we tell basically every single athlete/parent who comes here and says "my cp has/I have (insert tumbling skill here), will I/he/she make level (insert level for that tumbling skill here)"? That there is a lot more to a level than just the tumbling skills.
Almost the whole team may have had tucks by the end of summer, but was their stunting, dancing, jumping, their motions, etc. also all level 3? These days, unless your whole team has a certain level by the end of summer, you will not be competitive at that level, and "throwing tucks" does not equal "hitting tucks at a competition in the routine".

Last edited:
Remember what we tell basically every single athlete/parent who comes here and says "my cp has/I have (insert tumbling skill here), will I/he/she make level (insert level for that tumbling skill here)"?

That there is a lot more to a level than just the tumbling skills.
Almost the whole team may have had tucks by the end of summer, but was their stunt, dancing, jumping, their motions, etc. also all level 3? These days, unless your whole team has a certain level by the end of summer, you will not be competitive at that level, and "throwing tucks" does not equal "hitting tucks at a competition in the routine".

This!! My 9 to CP has her running tuck, backhandspring tuck and punch front, but I don't think she is ready for level 3 stunting. This will be her third year cheering. She's hoping for either Y2 again or J3. I'd prefer she stay Y2, I think, because I'm worried about the stunting part AND the fact that she will be on the team with up to 15 year olds. We are a small gym so Y3 is not an option at this time.

I'm leaving it up to the coaches to place her where they think she will best fit. I don't want my fears/worries to influence anything (not that it necessarily would). Trying very hard not to SM over it.

My concern wasn't just that they had squad tucks but they said that when they were on the other team and never won one competition all year long.

Why would you not spread the talent? Why were kids having to go to other teams first to get skills up before being considered for the showstoppers team. I understand that sometimes you may have that one team that just struggles but WHY is it that they can't make them all strong or build them appropriately. If my kid made that j2 team when she was closer to youth age because they wanted to build her before she could be a real showstoppers I would question why they don't feel the same about all teams.

We had multiple level 2s last season and they were equally as good. Some comps j2 would blow it our the water, and outscore y2 by a whole point when they hit. (Ie. NCA)
Then we went to UCA and both hit perfect again with really high scores and y2 gets it. No one in our gym could say what the better team was.
They were equally as competitive they both won NCA but on any given day the judges would score and the decision could go either way.

My concern wasn't just that they had squad tucks but they said that when they were on the other team and never won one competition all year long.

Why would you not spread the talent? Why were kids having to go to other teams first to get skills up before being considered for the showstoppers team. I understand that sometimes you may have that one team that just struggles but WHY is it that they can't make them all strong or build them appropriately. If my kid made that j2 team when she was closer to youth age because they wanted to build her before she could be a real showstoppers I would question why they don't feel the same about all teams.

We had multiple level 2s last season and they were equally as good. Some comps j2 would blow it our the water, and outscore y2 by a whole point when they hit. (Ie. NCA)
Then we went to UCA and both hit perfect again with really high scores and y2 gets it. No one in our gym could say what the better team was.
They were equally as competitive they both won NCA but on any given day the judges would score and the decision could go either way.

Showstoppers was a Y3 the previous season.

Showstoppers was a Y3 the previous season.

Well, there's that.

I wonder how they did that season. I'm assuming they dropped to Y2 with squad tucks because their level 3 stunting wasn't competitive.

But that's an assumption and I know what they say about those...

I was looking them up on YouTube earlier and saw they competed as a youth level 4 about a year ago at something called NE Championships and were level 4 grand champs.

Edited to add that I couldn't actually watch the video because YouTube said an error had occurred, so I can't comment beyond that :)

Back