Tic Toc Advice

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Keep_Believing

Staff member
Cheer Parent
FBOD:LLFB
Apr 11, 2011
Any advice for practicing for tick tocs in stunts. My daughter is suppose to do a tic toc to a heel stretch. She has her heel stretch, but the tic tocs are not sticking. Thank you!!!!!​

Make sure your daughter isn't giving the bases her heel, I see alot of people doing that with tick tocks and they dont really stick them.... just have her foot as a straight platform the whole time she's in the air so when she comes down, they can catch it! Also, her bases need to throw her high (depending if its high to high, low to high, etc) and catch her foot solid and tight. The backspot is the base that needs to immediatly catch the ankle and hold it so the bases can get their grip right. As for the flyer, all I really can say is that she needs keep her foot as flat as possible and squeeze squeeze squeeze really tight throughout her whole body! Hope I helped :)

Also make sure she replaces the other foot in the same spot, and not to the side! She can practice replacing it on a strip on the mat or really anywhere!

Just make sure that when the bases pop her she is pulling up even more as her other foot is being caught, it will help relieve some of the wait, and just replace in the exact same place without over exaggerating the toe placement or heel placement!

Make sure your daughter isn't giving the bases her heel, I see alot of people doing that with tick tocks and they dont really stick them.... just have her foot as a straight platform the whole time she's in the air so when she comes down, they can catch it! Also, her bases need to throw her high (depending if its high to high, low to high, etc) and catch her foot solid and tight. The backspot is the base that needs to immediatly catch the ankle and hold it so the bases can get their grip right. As for the flyer, all I really can say is that she needs keep her foot as flat as possible and squeeze squeeze squeeze really tight throughout her whole body! Hope I helped :)
I'm gonna say one thing. Please don't keep your foot "straight" when you are going to tick tock. If you are in a lib, your toe should be pointed. Flexing your feet will not help the tick tock. When you switch you should be naturally bringing your foot to a position that you could stand on.

she needs to make sure her feet are going to the same spot. Flyers that move their feet are more difficult to catch. Also the bases need to make sure they follow the foot that is coming down and lock out their arms.

I'm gonna say one thing. Please don't keep your foot "straight" when you are going to tick tock. If you are in a lib, your toe should be pointed. Flexing your feet will not help the tick tock. When you switch you should be naturally bringing your foot to a position that you could stand on.

she needs to make sure her feet are going to the same spot. Flyers that move their feet are more difficult to catch. Also the bases need to make sure they follow the foot that is coming down and lock out their arms.
I meant straight forward to the front and not off to the side, lol sorry I worded that weird.

Back