Tips For Staying Tight In Express Ups/switch Ups

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 27, 2010
Ok, so I'm a flyer and my high school team just started working on express ups/switch ups. Every time my group almost gets it, then falls. How can I stay tighter and hit the stunt? Thank you!

Make sure you don't slam your foot down when switching, and don't rush it! Squeeze your abs & butt, thats where i fall out alot and make sure you keep your knee locked out! Switchups are hard until the group gets the chemistry and timing right, so practice makes perfect:)

Make sure you don't slam your foot down when switching, and don't rush it! Squeeze your abs & butt, thats where i fall out alot and make sure you keep your knee locked out! Switchups are hard until the group gets the chemistry and timing right, so practice makes perfect:)
ok, thank you!

I think a lot of help comes from the back! If the back is able to grab the ankle as soon as you switch and pull up, before the bases have time to re-grip it helps a ton as long as you stay tight for them to adjust under you.

i teach un-released switchups first to help the bases get the feel of it and the timing right then its really just the back who changes what she/he does (ie doesnt hold the ankle all the time!)

Back