Toe Tuck?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 17, 2011
So I have a standing tuck, but for the life of me, I cant add a jump before it. I have a double toe double BHS, so I don't think its the timing that is really off. Recently, I asked my coach to spot me on a toe tuck and he just kinda stood there because he couldn't believe I was asking for a spot because I have my standing tuck solid. So I went for it and bailed half way through doing a flip flop on my elbows. Has this ever happened to any of you? What can I do so I can get over bailing?

Instead of going straight for a toe tuck, try a straight jump to a tuck. Which will definitely tell you if it's a timing issue or not. And if you can hit that when you switch back to toe tucks really snap your legs together on the toe touch. You can use that snap together to really use the spring floor to your advantage

you have to separate the two skills in your mind. in my head I always tell myself : toe touch. sit, tuck. as I'm doing it. I refuse to have a spot on anything I do, so even when I'm scared I just do it. you just have to do it and then do it again, even if you bust.

i was just working with a gymnast last night on a toe back, her issue was that she was dropping her chest out of the toe touch and leaning back for the tuck

shes only done jumps to tuck in the gymnastics sense of connecting your skills, so this is a foreign concept to her

Sometimes when I'm tired and have to do them I tend to sink my but inbetween the toe and the tuck. make sure you snap your jump and pull UPP!

the momentum of your jump may try and push you backward but just remember UP UP UP

Make sure you finish the landing of your jump before you throw the tuck. Don't try to bounce off the floor between the jump and tuck. Jumps to tuck is all about leg muscle. So finish the jump and then go for the tuck. and Make sure you don't drop your chest. Keep your head up, and don't look at the ground. The second you drop your chest it's over and youre not gonna make it around or you'll be off timing.

When I learned to do mine I did a straight jump first and then a star jump and every time I just made the jump better until it was a pretty toe touch.

I use my jump to my advantage, chest up, pull up and pull my knees in! On a standing tuck I tend to reach then grab the back of my legs but this caused a delay when I added the toetouch, so on a toe-tuck I grab my shins as it pulls me round quicker.

Back