Toss To Hands At Level 2?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

cupieqt

Person everyone wants to meet this season
Jan 24, 2011
Is a coed style toss to hands allowed in level 2? It's two girls so it won't be considered coed. Is it considered a release move?

Andre
imrichhowboutu

I don't believe so since a true toss to hands is a release, which wouldn't be allowed at level 2. You'd probably have to do a walk-in

Thanks guys that's what I thought. Bummer lol

I want to know what you're feeding your level 2s if they're doing toss to hands... :)
Girl go check my Facebook! My best base and an up and coming flyer got it down. She's 13 and the flyer is 10. They're on Jr 2 this year. They got it on their 4th try and I was blown away. Toss to hands press to extension--all unassisted.

I think they can do a J-up where the spotter stays attached on the foot. Is this true Andre?

To hands, yes. Going above prep level would require another spotter because as it's on the way up the person under the foot would be a base.

I have to say that with the score sheet putting more emphasis in the upper levels on true coed stunting, that I wish that this would be exception in level 2 with the rule saying it must be 1 male and 1 female athlete (like how suspended forward rolls are an exception in level 3). We had a male athlete 2 seasons ago who could group stunt level 3/4, could not partner stunt, and could not tumble. He was going to be going to college at the end of the season, so we made the decision to put him on sr 2 and sr 4.2 in order to learn to stunt better for college. He worked his butt off to get toss hands...we competed it all season until the last competition of the season when we were told it was illegal. Oops. Guess I should have read the rules better on that one!

BUT I do think they should be allowed in level 2. WHY? Because in level 3 (in theory) a coed stunt could go toss full up to hands, press to single leg, step over to extension, full down. I feel the toss hands is a lead up skill that should be considered a basic skill. Similar to a prep in level 1 or an extension in level 2. Just my opinion.

BUT I do think they should be allowed in level 2. WHY? Because in level 3 (in theory) a coed stunt could go toss full up to hands, press to single leg, step over to extension, full down. I feel the toss hands is a lead up skill that should be considered a basic skill. Similar to a prep in level 1 or an extension in level 2. Just my opinion.

For 2011-12 release moves in L3 could not twist.

indiglow you should submit this as a rule suggestion for the 2013-2015 rules cycle. If you need people to sign on it, I'd be glad to. I think it should be allowed as well.

cupieqt you can do walk in hands press to extension.

Yea I figured we would have to make it a J-up or a walk in. It's just so darn impressive that I was hoping exceptions were made for coed style tosses. Their goal is to have a toss single leg stunt by the end of the year. For two girls to be able to toss to anything is impressive to me so I will be encouraging them to try all sorts of coed style stunting just for learning.
Sure wish we could compete it! indiglow I'd back any rule changes to this as well.

Suggestions for 2013-2015 were due May 1st.
I'm not trying to be impertinent, and this isn't a personal attack, but wasn't the last rules cycle supposed to be for two seasons and then was interrupted to change tumbling rules and the age grid? And despite announcing when these new rules would be released, they still did not get released on time. Surely being out by less than a month in submitting a rules suggestion can't be that much of an issue. Especially in consideration that coed stunting is being pushed by EPs, allowing this rule suggestion to be submitted past the cut off date really is in their bet interests, no?

Back