High School Uca High School Nationals 2016

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Official OWECheer

Most likely to post anywhere
Jan 16, 2014
I am beyond excited for this.

I want to see:

-both North Laurels return to their former greatness (they've still got it, I just know it!)
-Dunbar remind America who's boss (in the words of Ayrica's dad, "ARF! ARF! ARARARARAR")
-I want to see Greenup get #16in16
-I want to see Southwestern destroy Small AG D2 again

What about you guys? Who are your division picks?

I am beyond excited for this.

I want to see:

-both North Laurels return to their former greatness (they've still got it, I just know it!)
-Dunbar remind America who's boss (in the words of Ayrica's dad, "ARF! ARF! ARARARARAR")
-I want to see Greenup get #16in16
-I want to see Southwestern destroy Small AG D2 again

What about you guys? Who are your division picks?
Fun fact that I just learned not too long ago... Ayrica's dad should still be around. Apparently the 3 little girls in the show are grown up and cheering at Dunbar. I'll be listening for that ARF!!

I want time to slow down some! I'm seriously stressed at how much needs to be done before we leave!

Also heard a rumor today that they aren't letting people practice at the Allstar resort this year? Really hope that's not true, I've seen college teams on instagram on the field. It's one of our favorite parts, and the ONLY reason we stay in allstar sports. Had I known this, we definitely would have been at Carribean or somewhere else nicer!

Fun fact that I just learned not too long ago... Ayrica's dad should still be around. Apparently the 3 little girls in the show are grown up and cheering at Dunbar. I'll be listening for that ARF!!

I want time to slow down some! I'm seriously stressed at how much needs to be done before we leave!

Also heard a rumor today that they aren't letting people practice at the Allstar resort this year? Really hope that's not true, I've seen college teams on instagram on the field. It's one of our favorite parts, and the ONLY reason we stay in allstar sports. Had I known this, we definitely would have been at Carribean or somewhere else nicer!
YAAAAAASSSSS!!!

I'm gonna post all the winners from last year. I'll keep it with the varsity divisions.
Sparkman-Small coed
Dyer County-Large Coed
New Oxford-Medium Coed
El Dorado-Small 1
Winter Park-Medium 1
Hunterdon Central-Large 1
Westlake-Super 1
SouthWestern-Small 2
Greenup-Medium 2
Bishop McCort-Large 2
St Joseph Hill Academy- Super 2
Some of the divisions are new people winning every year but small 2 (which my team is in) is going to be a battle of Burlington vs SW for a while until a really strong team comes up.

What??? NO practicing at the resorts?? No way!! Are they crazy?? Please sweet baby Jesus tell me this is NoT true??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What??? NO practicing at the resorts?? No way!! Are they crazy?? Please sweet baby Jesus tell me this is NoT true??

Probably a liability thing with minors? (Given not all minors have their direct parental supervision in Florida. At the resorts I'm assuming it puts Disney at risk.. Whereas at the event the liability is waived through UCA release forms. (Just guessing) at our school we can't practice really anywhere other than the schools property or a facility that we sign a release waiver at.

[emoji30][emoji30][emoji30] where will we all practice?? I actually have all 34 girls parents with me ...
But holy hell where will all those teams practice?

I'm gonna post all the winners from last year. I'll keep it with the varsity divisions.
Sparkman-Small coed
Dyer County-Large Coed
New Oxford-Medium Coed
El Dorado-Small 1
Winter Park-Medium 1
Hunterdon Central-Large 1
Westlake-Super 1
SouthWestern-Small 2
Greenup-Medium 2
Bishop McCort-Large 2
St Joseph Hill Academy- Super 2
Some of the divisions are new people winning every year but small 2 (which my team is in) is going to be a battle of Burlington vs SW for a while until a really strong team comes up.
I have 2015 nationals DVR'd watching Westlake, SW and El Do on the repeat... Love their style. Going to see El Do this weekend at a USA Regional we are competing at. One to watch for in super this year (coming from the West Coast) Freedom High School...

Cheerupdates tweeted about this yesterday that there were no rule changes. For some reason I can't upload the pic but UCAupdates tweeted to CU that teams would still be allowed to practice on the fields

emoji30.png
emoji30.png
emoji30.png
where will we all practice?? I actually have all 34 girls parents with me ...
But holy hell where will all those teams practice?

We rented space... ( just waiting for schedule to come out to confirm time) ... I had no plans for my kids to practice in front of others... 75% of the competition is played in the warm up room and that practice field... No need for them to care what others have or don't have.. Over analyze their routine.. Focus on anything but THEM. While I do think seeing other teams gives motivation to work hard... (And darn it, is just fun and neat)... It leaves tons of room to get distracted and disheartened. Husband comes from a football and Cheer background and gave me the best advice a long time ago: when going to away games, high school, pro players and college teams don't practice in front of each other for a reason... same reason why they don't stay in the same hotels.

We don't watch in warm-ups, but I personally love the field. It gives my kids this extra kick in the butt. We rent space at a gym, but we also do field practice. I just watched a video of UK today on that field so I'm hoping this is just rumor floating around.

We don't watch in warm-ups, but I personally love the field. It gives my kids this extra kick in the butt. We rent space at a gym, but we also do field practice. I just watched a video of UK today on that field so I'm hoping this is just rumor floating around.
Yes! Love it too! My team loves to see all the teams and meet cheerleaders from all over!
It can be intimidating but we preach to them to be prepared so they don't get too nervous! :)

Back