High School Urgent Administration Problem!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 7, 2010
hey guys! I have a cheerleader on my team I coach who has quit the competition team/not showed up to practices/ got thrown off of the program as a whole due to fighting / ineligible. We have a contract we go by and she has broken almost every rule, each and every consequence we give her the principal of the school stops it, for example he "reinstated" her back onto the team TWICE, once after she quit and when HE threw her off she fist fighting HIM!!!

This behavior is not fair to my other talented hard working athletes and I'm at my wits end. I have no idea where to go and what to do, any way I try to go by our rules he oversteps me and changes it for only this athlete!

Looking for advice of where to go and what to do :(

hey guys! I have a cheerleader on my team I coach who has quit the competition team/not showed up to practices/ got thrown off of the program as a whole due to fighting / ineligible. We have a contract we go by and she has broken almost every rule, each and every consequence we give her the principal of the school stops it, for example he "reinstated" her back onto the team TWICE, once after she quit and when HE threw her off she fist fighting HIM!!!

This behavior is not fair to my other talented hard working athletes and I'm at my wits end. I have no idea where to go and what to do, any way I try to go by our rules he oversteps me and changes it for only this athlete!

Looking for advice of where to go and what to do :(

Hi love, honestly take it to a higher power. i have seen this situation happen before and the Principal of the school kept caving in and letting an athlete return. If it has been an on going issue, and it's written in a contract and signed, take it to the city's school district board. Who overpowers that administrator. They will put an end to it.

It is nowhere near fair to any of the other athletes. If she isn't removed, re choreograph her in the very back and behind stunts in the entire routine,it's a privilege to have a spot.(if she ever even shows up to practice lol)

Hi love, honestly take it to a higher power. i have seen this situation happen before and the Principal of the school kept caving in and letting an athlete return. If it has been an on going issue, and it's written in a contract and signed, take it to the city's school district board. Who overpowers that administrator. They will put an end to it.

It is nowhere near fair to any of the other athletes. If she isn't removed, re choreograph her in the very back and behind stunts in the entire routine,it's a privilege to have a spot.(if she ever even shows up to practice lol)

Thank you!!! It's beyond stressful!

Agreed - go to the Athletic Director first (if he/she is your direct report) and then go to the Superintendent. In the meantime have her nugget for everything. You may have to have her on the roster, but you can have her on the "bench" until things are resolved.

Document, document, document all interactions with her and any with other staff regarding her. Make sure you are NEVER alone with this girl that ANY conversation you have is held with at least one other reliable source. If this girl is acting like this something is clearly going on with her but you don't want to end up collateral damage either. Protect yourself and your team.

Before you go higher, have you had a one on one with the principal? Ask why he feels it necessary to keep reinstating. state your case on how it isn't fair to the other girls etc. If he won't budge, then go higher.

Girl's family probably has connections or something. That's the only way that this could make sense.

Document everything- every absence, every discussion- then make her a glorified nugget. If she can't be counted on the be at practices you can't count on her to be there for competitons either. So for the good of the team, she was moved to a non essential role. That should be a good enough explanation for any questions about your actions.

Agreed - go to the Athletic Director first (if he/she is your direct report) and then go to the Superintendent. In the meantime have her nugget for everything. You may have to have her on the roster, but you can have her on the "bench" until things are resolved.

I went to my AD and unfortunately he agrees with me but there is nothing he can do to change it :(

Then I agree...go to the superintendent and in the meantime bench her or make her nugget. I'm sure the super and/or school board would be interested to know a student physically assaulted the principal and was not reprimanded.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Document everything. Were the parents brought in for the discussion with the AD? Have a meeting with the parents, AD, athlete and principal. Find out why she is allowed to have special allowances for her behavior. Make her an alternate. She will not be on the floor, but will be required to attend practices, etc. Make sure she conditions during practice to keep up her training. I would not want her on the floor for the safety of my other athletes.

Back