Usasf Cheer Rules - Official Answers

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

D

Deleted member 15

The way to get official answers to a cheer rules question from the USASF is to email [email protected], where Les Stella or any of the 7 Core Safety Officials are allowed to give official replies on behalf of the USASF. This will put all questions in one queue that we'll be able to respond to on a first come, first served basis.

With limited exceptions the [email protected] email address is the only way the 7 Core Safety Officials are allowed to answer rules questions. This means we'll no longer be able to give answers if contacted via text, iMessage, Facebook, Twitter, personal email accounts, etc. in most cases. The only examples I can think of that are exceptions are general questions about a misunderstood rule or if a question comes from an event official or safety judges working an event that needs a second opinion on something that happen at that event.

I wasn't sure if Is it Legal, All Star, or Coaches Room was the best place to put this, so please move it if you feel another place is more appropriate.

Hi Andre, I will love to know if coaches from South América that can´t write in english can send questions in spanish. Is to give them this information in my website and facebook groups.

Hi Andre, I will love to know if coaches from South América that can´t write in english can send questions in spanish. Is to give them this information in my website and facebook groups.

One of the 7 is fluent in Spanish so he'll be able reply.

There really shouldn't be enough writing in the email for the language to matter. The perfect email in my mind has the level and a video and doesn't require anything to be read.

On that note, we'll be publishing dos and don'ts in the near future.

Can you maintain all the questions in an FAQ format so you don't have to keep answering the same ones over and over? Also, it would allow coaches to be able to browse and get answers to questions they might not have thought through.

Can you maintain all the questions in an FAQ format so you don't have to keep answering the same ones over and over? Also, it would allow coaches to be able to browse and get answers to questions they might not have thought through.
You mean like we created for the Newbies? :rolleyes:

Not to the extent I would like. Most of the questions are videos, as they should be, and the coaches ask that we don't make them public.

Not to the extent I would like. Most of the questions are videos, as they should be, and the coaches ask that we don't make them public.

Okay. I'm crushed, but I'll live.

Our video from Sr3 is used on the usasf website rules page and we were absolutely delighted. My kids felt like they were famous even though they nor our gym was named in any way. I loved the videos to test rules knowledge. I randomly clicked on ours just to see what it was about and almost fell out of my chair when I saw it was our own video.
We sent that in last year to be clarified and have no problem with it used as an example.

Our video from Sr3 is used on the usasf website rules page and we were absolutely delighted. My kids felt like they were famous even though they nor our gym was named in any way. I loved the videos to test rules knowledge. I randomly clicked on ours just to see what it was about and almost fell out of my chair when I saw it was our own video.
We sent that in last year to be clarified and have no problem with it used as an example.

And that's why you, my dear, are a saint.

Can you make them public after the season is over?

I think making some videos public, especially rules where definitions can be misunderstood, would be be a quick fix to a huge problem. I'm a gym owner and try to educate myself always on changes and new rules. But, having a library of quick videos to addressed the most frequently asked legality, for example, when is too early to release a suspended flip in level 4. A video of right and a video of wrong would be great. I know some are catalog already, but as they come in, categorize the useful, get permission, and post. Andre, I for one appreciate the hard work and professionalism you and Les and the crew have dealt with my gym in So Cal and want to say keep it up.

I think making some videos public, especially rules where definitions can be misunderstood, would be be a quick fix to a huge problem. I'm a gym owner and try to educate myself always on changes and new rules. But, having a library of quick videos to addressed the most frequently asked legality, for example, when is too early to release a suspended flip in level 4. A video of right and a video of wrong would be great. I know some are catalog already, but as they come in, categorize the useful, get permission, and post. Andre, I for one appreciate the hard work and professionalism you and Les and the crew have dealt with my gym in So Cal and want to say keep it up.

Getting the videos we need with permission to use them is the current problem. We had a Core meeting on Monday that led to a couple ideas we'll examine further, but there probably won't be much done this season.

Thanks for the last line. It's really appreciated, especially this time of year.

Back