USASF Notifications page

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 17, 2010
Kaepa Shoes now LEGAL

Received this from my contact at Kaepa as thru the grapevine I had heard the new Kaepa Starlyte shoes that were being discussed prior to Worlds had been deemed legal for competition:

You are correct. USASF ruled yesterday that the Kaepa Starlyte meets guidelines of Safety rules for footwear!

So for all of you out there who were looking to order these - they are approved!

These shoes are amazing! They are very light and comfy for tumbling and great for stunting. As a base and a flyer i can honestly say, in my opinion, they are better than Nfinitys. This is quite uncommon for me to find a better shoe, because evolutions have always been my favorite and i was pretty sceptical to wear new shoes. I got my pair a week and a half before Worlds and they were awesome... i didnt have to break them in or anything. i love them and i am soooo glad they are legal:]

Disciplinary Committee

The Disciplinary Committee recommended clearing Cheer Extreme of illegal substitution charges at the 2009 Worlds
Approved by the Board May 20, 2010

The Compliance Committee

The Compliance Committee recommended assessing UCA a $1,000 penalty for violating the consolidation rules at their bid giving event and set $1,000 as the minimum standard fine
Approved by the Board May 20, 2010

The Rules Committee

Rules Committee May 12, 2010

The USASF/IASF Rules Committee recently reviewed concerns that arose around the Kaepa Starlyte shoe as it pertains to the current USASF/IASF footwear rule for cheerleaders.

The Rules Committee discussion focused on the following areas:
-- The current rule as it is written and if the shoe in question falls within the guidelines --

The original intent of the rule as it pertains to performer safety After in depth discussion and review of the shoe itself by several committee members, the committee ruled that the Kaepa Starlyte does meet the guidelines of the rule and the intent of the rule as it was meant to be.

We therefore, as a body, rule this shoe legal under our current rule.

The committee also felt that a further review of the "shoe rule" for the 2010-12 cycle is necessary given the discussion that was generated in this particular situation.

Board Approved May 20, 2010

I you are interested in give and take on this part of the board, there is some very interesting stuff about how the substitution charge came about, how it was promoted via emails and the like, and how it was used to try to invalidate a win at Worlds. If you do not want this stuff, I'll say nothing about it, but tis interesting.

I you are interested in give and take on this part of the board, there is some very interesting stuff about how the substitution charge came about, how it was promoted via emails and the like, and how it was used to try to invalidate a win at Worlds. If you do not want this stuff, I'll say nothing about it, but tis interesting.
Very interested...

OK to discuss Admins? People around USASF know the story, and the ruling has been made, but I don't want to rock boats that do not need rocking.

OK to discuss Admins? People around USASF know the story, and the ruling has been made, but I don't want to rock boats that do not need rocking.

What would it accomplish at this point?

Latest posts

Back