Valdez/bus Help

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

rdavis4

Cheer Parent
Oct 12, 2015
Co is working on her standing bus and robhs during privates, as well as a Valdez. She does not practice her bus at home, but the last month or so she's started to sit really low (almost to the ground) when she sets for a standing bus without a spot in the gym. She's one of those kiddos who gets in her head so I'm thinking she does it out of fear. It goes away after a few reps but are there any drills she could do at home to help? The other thing I've noticed her doing in both her bhs and her Valdez is arch to the side instead of straight back.... hope that makes sense. She did the same thing in her bwo when she first learned it; at first it was fine then all of a sudden she'd arch over to the side instead of straight back. She eventually stopped. Are there any stretches or drills she could be doing at home to help with this? Any ideas why she might be doing it? Thanks!

CP did the arching thing for a while. She had a shoulder flexibility deficit on one side due to an injury. Her coach finally figured it out by really studying her hand placement in skills. Even when the should be parallel, her hands were slightly off. It was less severe the more she tumbled because it stretched out. Focused stretching got rid of it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back