High School Varsity Bodyliners

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 30, 2015
Hello everyone!

Our new uniforms are royal blue and I was looking for body liners for the winter months. My question is, has anyone had luck with another company's body liners? We are an extremely poor school and there is no way my girls will be able to handle a 50 dollar body liner from Varsity. I'm willing to sacrifice quality for price at this point.

To clarify, I know different companies have different royal blues, and wondered if anyone has any experience with cheaper ones that match Varsity's royal blue.

What other colors are on your uniform? Could you do a white liner?

Eta: I would do the contrasting color so that they don't have to match. Then, you can order from another vendor for less.

Last edited:
Our plain red varsity liners were 30 last year. They held up really well- there is also a thinner liner for 21.95 available through varsity we got them at first and they were too thin but for games they could be okay!

Thanks for the replies! Here is a mock up of the uniform.
Screen%20Shot%202015-08-09%20at%207.48.57%20PM_zpsuhzxenfv.png

Hello everyone!

Our new uniforms are royal blue and I was looking for body liners for the winter months. My question is, has anyone had luck with another company's body liners? We are an extremely poor school and there is no way my girls will be able to handle a 50 dollar body liner from Varsity. I'm willing to sacrifice quality for price at this point.

To clarify, I know different companies have different royal blues, and wondered if anyone has any experience with cheaper ones that match Varsity's royal blue.
We are a royal blue school. In my experience there is no other royal that matches varsity... I have tried many times! I truly think varsity made it this way on purpose. Their royal is a darker almost purple-y blue. Again I have never found a brand close to it. They offer plain bodysuits for $15 or $20 I believe. Ask your rep for the cheapest bodysuit option. We used it 2 seasons ago and it was pretty close in price to any of the cheaper options I could find.

The other option is to use a different color (black/white/secondary school color) for the liner. You could go with a different brand if it isn't royal.

Thanks for the replies! Here is a mock up of the uniform.
Screen%20Shot%202015-08-09%20at%207.48.57%20PM_zpsuhzxenfv.png
Sorry for the double post. Picture didn't load before I commented.

The v-neck is what is making this liner so expensive. Like HScoach mentioned, varsity offers a $20 liner and a $30 plain liner IF you want a mock neck liner. You'll lose the v-neck look, but it is a lot more affordable! If you're planning to use these for a few seasons, I recommend springing $10 extra for the $30 liner. It holds up so much better. The $20 one gets pulls/snags/rips fairly easily.

The blue looks good, but have you considered black or white? Any brand black and white will match. I personally would vote black over white for your uniform. However, even if you switch colors, the v-neck is going to cost more in any brand.

Thanks for the feedback everyone! Yeah, I 'm bummed we picked a v-neck without fully researching the costs for everything associated with it. It looks like we're going to have to pay for the bodyliners with Varsity, which is a bummer, but hopefully we can fundraise before October!

What other colors are on your uniform? Could you do a white liner?

Eta: I would do the contrasting color so that they don't have to match. Then, you can order from another vendor for less.
That's a really good idea... I wonder what it would look like with a white liner underneath?

Thanks for the feedback everyone! Yeah, I 'm bummed we picked a v-neck without fully researching the costs for everything associated with it. It looks like we're going to have to pay for the bodyliners with Varsity, which is a bummer, but hopefully we can fundraise before October!

There is a v neck option for the $20 and $30 liners!! Ours are red v neck. They should have royal too ... Hope this works out!

That's a really good idea... I wonder what it would look like with a white liner underneath?
I think it would look great with a white turtleneck too! A very classic, traditional look. And, you could purchase them from someplace cheaper!

I'm posted a million pics of my daughter's new uniform, so I won't post another. Lol! But they have a white liner (in addition to the orange I posted) for under their royal blue uniform and it looks GREAT!

Back