High School Varsity Brand Shorts

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 22, 2013
So I'm ordering varsity brand soffe type shorts for cheer camp because we have to. Does anyone know how the shorts run? Like size wise? Thanks!

SMALL. Unless the size you wear has a lot of space, order a size up. especially if you're 'gifted' in the butt area like me!

The elastic does NOT stretch. Our team got the zebra ones and you have to wiggle it over your butt to get them on. Once they are on they fit just fine, they aren't tight and look very nice, but the waistband doesn't have half the stretch that soffees do so getting them on and off my big butt is a hassle. If I would have went a size up I would have had droopy drawers.

Unless you're set on "Soffee" type Varsity shorts, I would really reccommend their running-type short. Similar to nike running shorts. I only tried them on about 2 summers ago, when moving to the south, and LIVE in them now. They're easier to wash & dry because they're not cotton and you can put them in the dryer without shrinking. They're really comfortable to cheer in too. I was always a "soffee" type girl until seeing southern teams attend camp in them & now I can't stop wearing them!!

Unless you're set on "Soffee" type Varsity shorts, I would really reccommend their running-type short. Similar to nike running shorts. I only tried them on about 2 summers ago, when moving to the south, and LIVE in them now. They're easier to wash & dry because they're not cotton and you can put them in the dryer without shrinking. They're really comfortable to cheer in too. I was always a "soffee" type girl until seeing southern teams attend camp in them & now I can't stop wearing them!!
My girls are obsessed with the motion flex shorts (spandex)... I ordered a pair of the soffe style and a motion flex in the same color this year, and it's funny how all but two girls "couldn't find" their soffe ones when I told them what outfit to wear on their first day of camp. They say they don't want to take them off!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

They're comfier than their cotton shorts, but do NOT get them if you have guy cheerleaders who co-ed/partner stunt on your team. The guys on my team say that the fabric in those running shorts is hard to hold; they girl slips out of their grip when tossing and catching.

While I'm a pretty big fan of Varsity in general (I haven't had the issues that other people on this forum have had with bows, unis, etc.), I am NOT a fan of their Soffee-esque shorts. My coach always gets them for our camp/practice outfits. Not only are they small, but I notice that they give just about everyone a "camel toe", even if they don't roll them at all. They also tend to show a lil... cheek in the back. I recommend ordering the shorts separately from the Soffee brand; they run larger and the waistband can be rolled a couple times w/o showing any cheek or "toe."

Back