High School Varsity Shoes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 9, 2012
We got Varsity shoes at the beginning of the fall season, and they started falling apart in 2 weeks. We eventually returned them because everyone's shoes were not even together enough to wear and we bought nike cheer shoes. They aren't the best but they haven't fallen apart. Anyone else had this problem with Varsity?

CP cheers allstar on mini level 1, so no really heavy tumbling ect. She is on her second pair this season. First ones wore a hole completely through the sole at her big toe.

CP cheers allstar on mini level 1, so no really heavy tumbling ect. She is on her second pair this season. First ones wore a hole completely through the sole at her big toe.

the rubber part on the bottom of my shoe completely fell off, a girl i know had nikes and had a hole like that too. It just makes me mad when we pay 70 dollars for shoes that break within 2 weeks!!!

the rubber part on the bottom of my shoe completely fell off, a girl i know had nikes and had a hole like that too. It just makes me mad when we pay 70 dollars for shoes that break within 2 weeks!!!
Me too. Wish they would last a full season!

6126A33C-928A-4E8A-8E52-0B58AF609546-18054-00001372AC90A662.jpg

My varsity shoes after football season, 2 privates a week, 2 comps, and half of basketball season. Not pretty, but still together. They are a lot looser than when I got them though, and they feel worn down. The toes are really bad (we have to do a BHS after every cheer, and I step out so I hit my toes a lot) but the rest of it is okay... Maybe it depends on the style of the shoe? All of ours are holding up, they just don't look good. You can clean the leather, but the dirt gets stuck in the seams and the creases and makes them look really dirty.
For comparison:
FD7D7FC4-7C7B-43AA-8D99-FC33F5EF71E4-18054-00001372D6E5349A.jpg

My nikes after 2 seasons. They hold up well and are easy to clean. I don't particularly like them, but at least they're durable! (They're dirty right now but if I took a clorox wipe to them they'd practically look new)
ETA: Sorry about the size! I thought since I took them on my phone they would be small. But apparently not! :oops:

We have the varsity competition shoes. My coach is a varsity rep so we really don't have a choice lol. I didn't wear my shoes outside all last season and they held up pretty well. Once we had tryouts and summer practices outside they started to fall apart. I had a giant hole in the right shoe, and I had to tape it up for games since our new shoes for this season didn't come in until about a month ago.

6126A33C-928A-4E8A-8E52-0B58AF609546-18054-00001372AC90A662.jpg

My varsity shoes after football season, 2 privates a week, 2 comps, and half of basketball season. Not pretty, but still together. They are a lot looser than when I got them though, and they feel worn down. The toes are really bad (we have to do a BHS after every cheer, and I step out so I hit my toes a lot) but the rest of it is okay... Maybe it depends on the style of the shoe? All of ours are holding up, they just don't look good. You can clean the leather, but the dirt gets stuck in the seams and the creases and makes them look really dirty.
For comparison:
FD7D7FC4-7C7B-43AA-8D99-FC33F5EF71E4-18054-00001372D6E5349A.jpg

My nikes after 2 seasons. They hold up well and are easy to clean. I don't particularly like them, but at least they're durable! (They're dirty right now but if I took a clorox wipe to them they'd practically look new)
ETA: Sorry about the size! I thought since I took them on my phone they would be small. But apparently not! :oops:

Our nike ones seem to be holding up pretty well. They're just not what i would prefer.. And they seem heavy to me. But, if we could have it my way we would have Nfinity Vegeance shoes ;;) The nfinitys from my 1st year of allstar cheer are in better shape than my nike shoes this year. Just very dirty, hahah. and im sure they don't fit.. but i definitley like our nikes more than varsity. but nfinitys over any other shoe ANY day.

WOW. My girls are not allowed to wear their cheer shoes outside. If we are going to practice outside then they were old tennis shoes, never their cheer shoes. Ours hold up great and still look new, but it could be because we don't wear them outside ever. It's extra condititioning if i see them go outside with their shoes.

We got Varsity shoes at the beginning of the fall season, and they started falling apart in 2 weeks. We eventually returned them because everyone's shoes were not even together enough to wear and we bought nike cheer shoes. They aren't the best but the y haven't fallen apart. Anyone else had this problem with Varsity?
unfortunately my girls had major issues with their varsity sneakers this year. after 1 month of indoor practice and NO outside use they fell completly apart... disapointed!

WOW. My girls are not allowed to wear their cheer shoes outside. If we are going to practice outside then they were old tennis shoes, never their cheer shoes. Ours hold up great and still look new, but it could be because we don't wear them outside ever. It's extra condititioning if i see them go outside with their shoes.
What do you do for football games?

unfortunately my girls had major issues with their varsity sneakers this year. after 1 month of indoor practice and NO outside use they fell completly apart... disapointed!

we practiced outside for about a month or two twice a week in the summer, right before NCA cheer camp, which was in Early August and they completely fell apart with the bottom rubber parts, some girls had the seams coming out, I had an extra pair of cheer shoes i lent to my friend because her shoes completely broke in the middle of camp and she's a flyer. Really disappointed they only lasted a month.

& We mainly just do backhandsprings, some girls do series. We're a freshman team so we don't throw any crazy tumbling or anything. Mainly do libs, the nike shoes just bug me so much.

When I did allstar I NEVER and i mean, i don't think those shoes ever touched the ground outside of my gym. They are perfectly fine. But with our school cheer shoes thats not very practical because we cheer outside for Football and Soccer games so during Fall seasons we have to practice outside, and cheer outside. So the shoes would get messed up regardless if we practiced in them or not, b/c games and stuff. Winter season it's different, obviously because we practice in the commons and only do basketball games. I guess we should have expected those shoes to fall apart if we were outside on that track surface, but idk. Too much money for only a few months of use

What do you do for football games?
The squad I coach doesn't have football, it's a co-op sport and the other team cheers we don't get to, but when I was in high school we wore plain white tennis shoes or the shoes from the previous year. We had a cinder track so there was no way our coach was letting us wear our shoes on it.

Varsity shoes were very uncomfortable to me. Made me feel like I was walking on the outsides of my feet. Returned them all and went back to Nike's. They seem to hold up and clean up the best.

Back