High School Volleyball Cheers

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oct 15, 2011
Can you please share some volleyball cheers you have and if you can, describe the motions. My squad is seriously lacking in volleyball specific cheers.

Thanks!

We typically just used sport neutral chants/cheers back when I was in high school or very simple ones such as "Set (x) Spike (x) Cats (pause) Let's Go!" as Volleyball is such a fast moving game. You can't really use anything relating to offense/defense/sides or specific plays because the ball goes back and forth so often.....
As far as volleyball jargon, it's a combo of bump, set, spike, block or dig that can be used to change football or basketball ones into a volleyball specific one (or just change field to court, etc.)

We typically just used sport neutral chants/cheers back when I was in high school or very simple ones such as "Set (x) Spike (x) Cats (pause) Let's Go!" as Volleyball is such a fast moving game. You can't really use anything relating to offense/defense/sides or specific plays because the ball goes back and forth so often.....
As far as volleyball jargon, it's a combo of bump, set, spike, block or dig that can be used to change football or basketball ones into a volleyball specific one (or just change field to court, etc.)

I remember having volleyball specific cheer when I cheered in high school and college, but can't remember them. I know they're out there, I just can't think of them. I think I struggle with the rhythm most. I know the terms like sideout and ace and such.

Bump, set, spike, score. Never let it hit the floor.
Ya got to bump it to set it and spike it to score, ya gotta want it to win it and we want it more.

Back