All-Star Voting Slate For 2013-2015

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 14, 2009
I noticed we haven't mentioned it this year (maybe because we've been caught up with other drama, thanks a lot Trinity), but the rules up for a vote this year have already been decided? I hadn't seen any press about potential rules proposals, and I didn't see any videos with discussion mentioned (like I have in previous years). Did everything really happen already and we missed it??!
Voting Slate | USASF Rules Site -Link to the voting slate, or here are the new rules changes:

Voting Slate for 2013-15
The following issues are regarding the voting process for the 2013-15 season.

1. Increase number of males allowed in Senior Medium Coed from 6 to 8.
      1. Yes – Increase from 6 males to 8 males in Sr Md Coed.
      2. No – Leave the number of males in Sr Md Coed at 6.
CLICK HERE for more details and to leave a comment on your thoughts for this voting proposal.

1. If the number of males on Sr Md Coed is increased (vote #1) from 6 to 8; then, also increase the total number of athletes on a Sr Md Coed team from 30 to 36.
      1. Yes – Increase the total number of athletes on a Sr Md Coed team from 30 to 36.
      2. No – Leave the number of total athletes on a Sr Md Coed team at 30.
CLICK HERE for more details and to leave a comment on your thoughts for this voting proposal.

1. Allow release moves in L4 that land in extended position to start from prep level or below and permit ¼ twist to include side facing stunts such as scorpions.
      1. Yes – Allow release moves in L4 that land in extended position to start from prep level or below and permit ¼ twist.
      2. No – Keep L4 release moves as they currently are.

1. Allow up to 1 ¼ backward free flipping mounts in Sr Level 5 and Open International 5 only.
      1. Yes – Allow up to 1 ¼ backward free flipping mounts in Sr Level 5 and Open International 5 only.
      2. No – Keep L5 as is.

1. Allowing a tumbler, in Sr 5 and Open International 5 and 6, to rebound WITH hip overhead rotation into a stunt transition.
      1. Yes – Allow a tumbler, in Sr 5 and Open International 5 and 6, to rebound WITH hip overhead rotation into a stunt transition.
      2. No – Keep L5 as is.

Thoughts? Are these REALLY the only rules that got sent out this year?!?

I was shocked that was it... I was expecting there to be alot more or at least different ones than these. I had even heard of any of these being protested or considered.

1. Allow up to 1 ¼ backward free flipping mounts in Sr Level 5 and Open International 5 only.
      1. Yes – Allow up to 1 ¼ backward free flipping mounts in Sr Level 5 and Open International 5 only.
      2. No – Keep L5 as is

So.....rewinds? Am I reading this correctly?

So.....rewinds? Am I reading this correctly?
Essentially, yes.

While I believe that at some stage, this might be ok (at least in Int'l Open 5, I'd be ok with this for the upcoming cycle), right now we just DON'T have the safety measures and progression insurance for this to be safe.

Back