Voting Slate For 2015-17

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I agree too many divisions, but I would by lying if I said I am not a little excited about the possibility of a Large Limited Coed aka the original Small Coed returning.

I don't know why they just don't go back to limited, semi-limited and unlimited coed. Didn't that accomplish the same thing?

ETA: and for all the discussions of issues we've had here where did I miss the one where the names tiny, mini and youth were apparently a grand enough concern to change the division name.

For the record I don't really care, but it just seems like there are a lot more pressing issues to be voting on.

I don't know why they just don't go back to limited, semi-limited and unlimited coed. Didn't that accomplish the same thing?

ETA: and for all the discussions of issues we've had here where did I miss the one where the names tiny, mini and youth were apparently a grand enough concern to change the division name.

For the record I don't really care, but it just seems like there are a lot more pressing issues to be voting on.
For your ETA: that one is an easy kill. Lots of gyms have problems with parents who think "senior" is automatically better than "junior" and don't understand that a senior 2 isn't a higher level than junior 4. It was nearly unanimous in a quick straw poll in Baltimore that pretty much everyone was for changing the names of age divisions to be similar to other youth sports.

For your ETA: that one is an easy kill. Lots of gyms have problems with parents who think "senior" is automatically better than "junior" and don't understand that a senior 2 isn't a higher level than junior 4. It was nearly unanimous in a quick straw poll in Baltimore that pretty much everyone was for changing the names of age divisions to be similar to other youth sports.
That actually makes good sense. ;)

If passed, this should go in the books as the "Susie's Mom Rule"! So sad that your explanation makes perfect sense as to why the change is needed for gym owners!!

I love the proposal for the age limit for Tiny to be raised to 6. I think it will make it possible for more gyms to build tiny teams. Plus, the difference between a 6 and 7 year old on a mini team really blows me away. After a few years of working with mini & youth kids, that gap sticks out the most to me.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I love the proposal for the age limit for Tiny to be raised to 6. I think it will make it possible for more gyms to build tiny teams. Plus, the difference between a 6 and 7 year old on a mini team really blows me away. After a few years of working with mini & youth kids, that gap sticks out the most to me.

My thoughts exactly! I really loved this proposal.

Thinking about this this might make it easier for uk teams to have tiny teams because most start at mini and there are not many competitive tiny teams but have 6 year olds would also be safer as they are a bit older for basing and stuff

I do like additions to the Intl division, as there are many programs that discontinue their teams because they don't have the numbers. And vice versa, many large programs have to many Intl aged athletes and run out if teams for them or push a level 6.

Thinking about this this might make it easier for uk teams to have tiny teams because most start at mini and there are not many competitive tiny teams but have 6 year olds would also be safer as they are a bit older for basing and stuff
I've personally never understood the logic behind a competitive tiny team. IMO, it should be exhibition only for those little peanuts. Instill the love of the sport in them. Let the competitiveness come later.

I've personally never understood the logic behind a competitive tiny team. IMO, it should be exhibition only for those little peanuts. Instill the love of the sport in them. Let the competitiveness come later.

We dont have many tiny teams at all and alot of mini teams are just skills based then compete at youth because you have to travel in most areas to get to a comp in uk most wouldnt like having to go to a comp just for exhibition with the cost involved

Back