High School Wearing Uniforms To School

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sep 15, 2011
Seems like not too many squads wear them on game days, at least in my area. We wear them but our new principal is trying to limit it and pretty much ban wearing them for "dress code issues." Also it's still really hot where I live and doesn't get cool until like october, from now on we HAVE to wear bodyliner long sleeves to school and during games, no matter how hot it is! This past friday I wore my shell without sleeves to class and half way through the day our coach met with each of us at lunch and said we had to either put on our liners if we had them with us or wear a sweatshirt over the shell. Whats everyone's opinions...is it worth arguing?...I think it is...

BTW we have 3 uniforms, 1 new and 2 that are reissued every year and aparentlly all of them are in "dress code violation" according to the principal. :mad:

I think it is considering other athletes get to wear there uniforms or jerseys to school on game days. Maybe if they completely say no the team could buy fitted jerseys that have your name on the back and school mascot and name on the front. Just some ideas!

At my school we are allowed to wear uniforms on game days but we always wear body liners, even at the first game of the season in August. I don't really see how wearing a uniform without the body liner is violating the dress code unless it was a really mini skirt and a tube top shell? I agree with @haley0403 on buying jerseys but if you're on a budget you could wear matching tshirts that represent your school, yoga pants, or shorts, and your bow to school.

Our school has dress code issues as well. Some people have mentioned that the volleyball team plays in tank tops and Nike Pros....well, they don't wear that to class on game day. They wear jeans and a team t-shirt. So, we do the same. Jeans or khaki shorts (that meet dress code) and a team t-shirt with a bow. It also keeps the uniforms cleaner, as you don't have to worry about the girls spilling lunch or chem/bio lab materials on them and ruining them.

Kelly I would argue it to your principal (I love debating haha) but if she is focusing on you wearing bodyliners and covering the shell for school then maybe it DOES violates a dress code rule somewhere. Ask what it is but try on all your uniforms before and check carefully-are your shells too small or too short, does your stomach ever show, can you feel any bare skin showing when sitting- reach around and check, do girls have tattoos or piercings showing, are any bra straps showing, deep necklines etc. If yours is okay, make sure you check out your teammates to see if they have anything that could be dress code related. If everything is legit than you should argue-but if not than get those shell tops altered or cover up with liners underneath. And check your skirts as well, make sure they are proper length or wear leggings just in case.

Just my advice, let us know what happens.

We wear our uniforms to school only on the Friday of our big rivalry game and the Friday of the homecoming game because we do a pep rally during school hours. Our uniform tops, however, are one-piece long sleeved, turtleneck tops. We also wear our skirts, which aren't super long but they're not as short as the skirts that many girls wear to school. My school hardly enforces dress code, though, so that may be why it's not an issue for us.

Our school used to allow the team to wear them but the end of Sophomore year some girls complained saying that the cheerleaders got to wear short skirts and that they got special treatment. Needless to say we got in trouble for "dress code violations" when most of the skirts were in dress code (the only problem is us tiny girls who's only option is the smaller skirt). This past year we got to wear them for the big rivalry game and homecoming because of the pep rally. This year they got to wear them the first day of school and I'm guessing they'll be allowed to wear them for the rivalry game and the homecoming game.

we wear our skirts and like just a general school shirt (like workout shirt) over the top, that should be something you suggest

Our school has dress code issues as well. Some people have mentioned that the volleyball team plays in tank tops and Nike Pros....well, they don't wear that to class on game day. They wear jeans and a team t-shirt. So, we do the same. Jeans or khaki shorts (that meet dress code) and a team t-shirt with a bow. It also keeps the uniforms cleaner, as you don't have to worry about the girls spilling lunch or chem/bio lab materials on them and ruining them.

Yes but she also mentioned that they are being told to wear their bodyliners now during games; despite the fact that it is hot due to the fact that their uniform violates school dress code. If her school's vball team wears the traditional compression short/tank that would be a violation of the dress code in the same way that the cheerleading uniforms are at a Friday night football game.

Also; do they enforce the dress code with students in the stands? If someone shows up in a tube top dress and a mini skirt...are they sent home?

What about the girls tennis uniform?

In high school we were permitted to wear our uniforms despite them "violating dress code" because our principal said it was a school issued uniform. My sister attends the same high school and they still wear uniforms on game day

My team like wearing them. We got new uniforms that probably are still too short, but longer then they were in the past!

They really want to wear them, I said OK for this game since it is the first league game. I am going to try and keep it at wraps.

We wear uniforms to school every Friday. Last year we had complaints about how short the skirts were, but this year our coach checked us out to make sure they were all long enough.

Although my school says shoulders have to be covered sports teams are allowed to wear tank tops if they are uniform. For example the field hockey team has racerback tanks as their uniform top.

our uniforms really don't violate dress code, how long are your shorts, if someone can fit 4 fingers between the end of the skirt and your b=but (on ttop of skirt) you should be meeting dress code. I would argue, since this is your uniform, other sports at out schools have sleeveless uniforms much like the shell and they are allowed to wear it, so they allow the cheerleaders to.:)

I get annoyed when administrations bring this up. So you don't want us to wear them during school, but we can wear them during school sanctioned events on school grounds?
And it really bugs me when its about the top. The short skirt I can understand, but when its the top? I have never seen a high school shell top that I consider revealing. There are some with funky cut outs and cross backs, but showing a little shoulder isn't going to cause a riot, we are no longer in the 1800's. It seems completely ridiculous to me.

Latest posts

Back