All-Star What Do I Do If My Bow Or Shoes Flies Off At Competition????

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

For high school, don't touch it. Don't throw it or move it. Allstar, you can either throw it off or put it back on (only of you have nothing to do like running tumbling before or after a pass). I always tie my shoelaces SUPER tight because this has happened to me and I had to fly on my sock!

For high school, don't touch it. Don't throw it or move it. Allstar, you can either throw it off or put it back on (only of you have nothing to do like running tumbling before or after a pass). I always tie my shoelaces SUPER tight because this has happened to me and I had to fly on my sock!

No you need to move it for high school, because if it's stepped/stunted/tumbled over, it's a deduction.

Shoes- Throw it. Off the stage.
Bow- Put it in your top and keep going.

DO NOT try to throw a bow off stage. It will fly two feet and still be in the way. Also, do not put the ponytail holder on your wrist, then it's jewelery and you may get a deduction. As previously stated, stuff it down your top and keep going

everybody's pretty much said everything, but with the bow, my old coaches always told us that if there's one fallen out and you're hidden enough to pick it up, or can smoothly do it without making it obvious, then pick it up and stuff it in your skirt.
I cannot tell you the countless numbers of pictures we would find at competitions where there were professional photographers of me with a bow sticking out of my skirt because some girl did a janky job of tying her bow in. like, tie it through your hair bands if you don't think it'll stay. I mean come on.

its always the cheerleader wearing socks that arent white that loses their shoes
i have lucky socks taht I have to compete in, one is bright blue and the other is hot pink. I stuff them down in my shoes so you can't see, but thats something that would happen to me.

Also, semi related. At Jamz nationals this year, I tried to compete in little no show socks (NOT my lucky socks, and we dropped a stunt that day) and they were too slippery so I took them off in the warm up room and just threw them away...

Back