What Do You Know About... Scottish Cheerleading?!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

thnx to scottish cheerleading I knew that cheerleading excisted in europe:) I always wanted to do it, but thought it didnt exist in europe, id only seen some pomdanceteams or teams that tried stunting but didnt succeed. untill i worked in a hotel in spain and one of my collegues was a cheerleader from a scottisch team.:)

Can I answer, even though I'm from England?

One word...GOOOOLDSTAR! My first cheer loves! Closely followed by CDC and Rockstar Cheer..

I love the Scottish cheerleaders, every time I meet them they are so sweet and lovely. Rockstars were some of the nicest girls I've met in a long time.

Can you tell me more about ACDC? Is it a company like, say, Scotcheer or ICC? Or is it an umbrella for a load of teams? I've seen them around and I've looked on their website, and I'm still a bit confused!

Umm there was a really great pom dance team couple years back at worlds. They wore black. I think they were Scottish anyway.
CHAMPION Cheer and Dance? CDC Black SNR Pom, love them:)

Can I answer, even though I'm from England?

One word...GOOOOLDSTAR! My first cheer loves! Closely followed by CDC and Rockstar Cheer..

I love the Scottish cheerleaders, every time I meet them they are so sweet and lovely. Rockstars were some of the nicest girls I've met in a long time.

Can you tell me more about ACDC? Is it a company like, say, Scotcheer or ICC? Or is it an umbrella for a load of teams? I've seen them around and I've looked on their website, and I'm still a bit confused!

GOLD STAR SNAP. ahaha,Rockstar are such sweeties too:)

Well, a far as I know ACDC is run by Roz Hart who owns Rockstar and has helped out Team Scotland in the past. Yeah, they have competitions like Scotcheer, and a really big international one which goes on forever and gives out bids to US finals:). They also run camps an workshops, and have a professional dance team! A bit of an all-rounder I guess!

Ahh I see! I knew ACDC had something to do with Rockstar, but didn't know if they owned it or what! Similarly with ACDC and Scotcheer! Thanks for that!

Its Roz from Rockstar and Lisa from CDC that own ACDC. They are different from Scotcheer in that the have no intentions to try and be a governing body if you know what I mean. They run competitions and camps and do private clinics and workshops with clubs.
I went to their conference/camp in August and it was really good. I had only started so didn't bring any girls with me but the cheerleaders that where there got a lot out of it. As well as Roz and Lisa they had their staff taking dance workshops and Lesley Lehman from TG Naples taking everything. It was a great weekend, unfortunately this years one falls on my 30th birthday and as much as I love cheer I don't love it enough to spend my birthday stuck in uni halls looking after my cheerleaders!

I know that I really wanted to go to a competition when I was in Ireland (like fly over for a cheer comp for the weekend)..and that Scottish people are awesome. I love looking up team's websites..

TRUE. But really, can you blame me?!

HAHA no not really, they're my competition this year...
confused.png

Whatever happened to Shane Hays? Is he still alive?

Back