All-Star What Do You Or Your Cp's Do?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 5, 2011
So we all know how demanding competitive cheerleading is, and in many cases most girls cant cheer without good grades. So what do they/you do when you have a jam packed weekend/week? do they/you keep good grades up? Share!

I always bring homework to competitions! I plug in my head phones and work! I have no other choice because when competitions decide to run late or whatever the case may be I will be in no mood to do homework when I finally arrive home from a competition that has lasted all weekend. I also do my studies before my meet time or while waiting to meet for awards. Also i sometimes find some time in the hotel rooms during the saturday night of a comp. I am a biggie with good grades, theres no strict rule at my gym but its a mental rule I have. :) My tip is that there is plenty of time to squeeze in homework you just need to find it!

I always do my best to get ahead on work the week before the competition. Thankfully, my division usually competes pretty late in the afternoon/evening so I typically have most of Saturday to get my work done.

i have 5th period study hall this year soo i take advantage of having it & get all my period 1-4 homework done so when i get home or whatever i have to do over the weekend is just for my last 2 periods. i get them done usually friday either at home before i leave for traveling for a comp. or on the way there. i try to do homework in the car because once i'm there it's hard for me to just sit down & do it since my team will be going to dinner or hanging out somewhere & i wanna join! honestly i'm so thankful for the study halls i had in my schedule they really helped keep my grades up!:)

this year at cheersport i left my english book in the hotel room. didnt even realize it till i got to school...that was fun trying to expain to my teacher -_-

I try my hardest to get assignments done in class, or just get most of it done. Then as soon as I get home I work on it and finish it if I didn't at school. Usually I can get math worksheets done at school, but everything else ends up as homework. It's all about time management! All of my grades are 94% or above so..... :)

I just make myself a nice cup of tea and get used to the lack of sleep. Super unhealthy but it's really the only way I can do it.

During the week I cut out time devoted to studying... being busy as an athlete has really helped me with my time management....On 2 day competition weekends, I bring notes or work with me if I have an exam or something that coming Monday. I'm in college and on an Open6 team, we usually go on late...so you will generally find me out in a hallway with my face stuffed in a notebook before warmups...Last weekend @ Richmond Nat'ls, I was studying for a biochemisty exam...I got an 95.9 =)

My old gym used to have a homework room:)

As far as competition weekends, it's about managing your time. Get whatever you can get done on the bus/plane/car ride there. There's always time at competitions, as well as in the hotel.

That ^^^^ is good advice.... don't do what I did in hs and college- saving everything for the last minute so I could drink a pot of straight black coffee and pull an all nighter lol

I cheer for ace as well as my school's competition cheer team so there really isn't a day of the week that I don't have practice. I usually don't get to go to sleep until midnight or later doing homework. And most of the time I don't even finish.. but my first period teacher is pretty low key so I can finish what I didn't do the night before in his class. I try to do as much homework as I can when they first assign it in class so I wont have to do as much when I get home. Its hard because I'm in a lot of advanced and honors classes so there's alot of work but I deal with it... with or without adequate sleep haha
As for competition weekends.. my teachers are usually really good about letting me turn in my make up work whenever I can get it finished, but thats because they know I'm a good student haha. I'm very thankful for this because that's one less thing I have to worry about over the weekend when I need to be focussed on cheer.
I'm curently a junior and have a 4.0.. but I am a little grumpy sometimes because of my lack of sleep. Hopefully I can hold onto my gpa through senior year!

Back