All-Star What Do You Want To See On Varsity Tv?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

WHOA tiger

Cheer Parent
Dec 14, 2009
Hey everyone! As you may know, next week I will be headed down to Orlando to cover UCA All-Star Nationals with Varsity TV! We want to know what you want to see on our Varsity TV coverage. If you have been watching coverage of UCA College and High School, you know that we have done features such as "Masters of the Mat" and "Secrets Behind the Satin Jacket". What kind of features would you like to see for All-Star Nationals? Is it interviews with your favorite "cheerlebrity"? Or focusing in on what certain teams are known for such as their pyramids or tumbling? We are open to new ideas and want to know what you, the all-star cheerleader wants to see! Check out our coverage from High School and College Nationals to get an idea of what has been done in the past.

Can't wait to see your ideas, and see everyone next weekend in Florida!

Tayler

I'd like to see less scripted type things. More fun, genuine interviews with athletics and coaches. Definitely talking to some of the bigger programs but maybe look into some true small programs with only a few teams that are doing well in the competition against the bigger programs.

Full routines. I know it's tough on bandwidth, but they know that Jan-April they get a ton of traffic and the rest of the year not as much on the varsityTV end of things. Pay up extra for those 4 months so that we can see full routines online. And when they show the routines, show the "judges view" the whole floor without any zoom ins or weird angles....show the routine like the judges see it. When you're busy zooming in on the one girl doing a back handspring, you miss the three standing fulls just to her left.

NCA DALLAS 30 seconds were taken out of every routine recorded by Varsity... IT MAKES ME WANNA SCREAM!! (if you're gonna do that do it like "MissBee" said take it out of jumps everyone does basically the same jumps)
...other than that I love Varsity Videos.

Interviews with some of the top teams!! I know that this has been done in the past (I was interviewed last year) but it's really fun to watch them when they are put on tv!

Tayler, ask some questions that they other cheerleading interviewers don't ask. Every cheerleader interview is always the same, just like talking to a NASCAR driver at the end of the race.

I agree with ACEDAD. I understand they need to do the interviews for ESPN where all they talk about is the routine, but you could focus more on the entire experience of UCA Nationals for Varsity Wired. Here are some suggestions:
  1. Lots of teams that stay at the All Stars practice throughout the resort on Friday. This is a long-time tradition for a lot of teams that don't go to the local gyms for practice and it's always fun to watch. You could do a segment on the different teams practicing. Ask them how long they have practiced in that location (I know Turners out of PA has been practicing in the same area for almost 10 years). Talk about the general experience of staying at the All Stars during Nationals.
  2. Interview some teams and ask them if they have any team-specific traditions. It's always neat to hear about what other teams do to pump themselves up before they compete. Or just fun facts about the team that are not well known, like the team coaches promised to shave their heads if they come in Top 3, or they always go to a haunted house the night before competition to scare the nerves out, etc. Something different and fun. (Rocket Elite does this cool thing where they put pixie dust in all of the team members' shoes, starting with the flyers I think. They have been doing that a long time.)
  3. I think the Level 5s get a lot of recognition already. Try to balance out the interviews between all the levels and definitely include the little ones when you can! Small and large programs.
  4. It would be fun to do a "day of competition" as a spectator or a coach. Running around between the three different arenas, taking a break on a park bench and looking over score sheets, etc. I think most of this would have to be done in editing after the first day of competition, but it could be really neat.
Have fun, I am sure you will do a fantastic job!

Personally I would like to see more interviews or just plain footage of the younger aged and lower level teams. Yes we all get excited to see the amazing Sr5 teams, but Tiny 1, Mini 1, Youth 1, Junior 1, etc, they all work just as hard and let's not forget, Kids Say The Darndest Things lol. You'd be surprised at the response you'll get from a 5 year old.

I def appreciate Varsity TV and though I don't understand the ins and outs of hosting such a service, I would like to see the full routine (not that I'm complaining). But it's disappointing when the video cuts to the tumbling run just as the stunt is getting good lol.

I liked when they used to have "The Winners Circle" tab for competitions. Sometimes I just like to see winning routines and hate thumbing through pages of results just to see who to watch

Hey everyone! As you may know, next week I will be headed down to Orlando to cover UCA All-Star Nationals with Varsity TV! We want to know what you want to see on our Varsity TV coverage. If you have been watching coverage of UCA College and High School, you know that we have done features such as "Masters of the Mat" and "Secrets Behind the Satin Jacket". What kind of features would you like to see for All-Star Nationals? Is it interviews with your favorite "cheerlebrity"? Or focusing in on what certain teams are known for such as their pyramids or tumbling? We are open to new ideas and want to know what you, the all-star cheerleader wants to see! Check out our coverage from High School and College Nationals to get an idea of what has been done in the past.

Can't wait to see your ideas, and see everyone next weekend in Florida!

Tayler

I like seeing teams interviews or shout outs before or after teams compete, rocket elite girls love the camera and saying hi. Good level 4 pyramids? we got them :) lol just saying. I cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so excited

agree more of the other levels being spotlighted, after all 4 is the new 5 so I heard :) love levels 3 and minis

I agree with ACEDAD. I understand they need to do the interviews for ESPN where all they talk about is the routine, but you could focus more on the entire experience of UCA Nationals for Varsity Wired. Here are some suggestions:
  1. Lots of teams that stay at the All Stars practice throughout the resort on Friday. This is a long-time tradition for a lot of teams that don't go to the local gyms for practice and it's always fun to watch. You could do a segment on the different teams practicing. Ask them how long they have practiced in that location (I know Turners out of PA has been practicing in the same area for almost 10 years). Talk about the general experience of staying at the All Stars during Nationals.
  2. Interview some teams and ask them if they have any team-specific traditions. It's always neat to hear about what other teams do to pump themselves up before they compete. Or just fun facts about the team that are not well known, like the team coaches promised to shave their heads if they come in Top 3, or they always go to a haunted house the night before competition to scare the nerves out, etc. Something different and fun. (Rocket Elite does this cool thing where they put pixie dust in all of the team members' shoes, starting with the flyers I think. They have been doing that a long time.)
  3. I think the Level 5s get a lot of recognition already. Try to balance out the interviews between all the levels and definitely include the little ones when you can! Small and large programs.
  4. It would be fun to do a "day of competition" as a spectator or a coach. Running around between the three different arenas, taking a break on a park bench and looking over score sheets, etc. I think most of this would have to be done in editing after the first day of competition, but it could be really neat.
Have fun, I am sure you will do a fantastic job!

I liked when they used to have "The Winners Circle" tab for competitions. Sometimes I just like to see winning routines and hate thumbing through pages of results just to see who to watch

I like the champions channel stuff too, I was disappointed when they didn't do it this year for all the competitions.

Back