High School What Is Everyone Doing For October-pink!?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 18, 2015
As we all know... October is that very special month of awareness, pink is the color of choice and I was wondering what special attire or accessories everyone is getting?! What community service events are you involved in? How does YOUR team "THiNk PINK?!" :) please share!

2r4infn.jpg

This is our Pink Uniform -Varsity Fashions
We have Hologram Metallic Pink Poms and Pink Bows
We do Relay for life, A Color Run and we plan to host a Cheer 4 a Cure event among numerous games in Volleyball, and Girls basketball that get dedicated to the cause.

We do pink ribbons and pink poms for a game. We also do a Pink game during basketball season and for that one we do pink ribbons, poms, and shirts.

ETA: We're kind of limited for football but I'd love to do more for basketball. Like pink socks or something.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My cp's team has pink poms.

They had pink bows last year. I don't know about this year.

We do pink ribbons and pink poms for a game. We also do a Pink game during basketball season and for that one we do pink ribbons, poms, and shirts.

ETA: We're kind of limited for football but I'd love to do more for basketball. Like pink socks or something.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've seen some super cute pink socks! This would be cute for Basketball!

I've seen some super cute pink socks! This would be cute for Basketball!
Our former school did that one year. They wore pink ribbon knee-high socks with black shorts and a pink out tee shirt.

Some of the moms thought they looked "trashy". They looked a bit like soccer players rather than cheerleaders, but not inappropriate. They had wanted to wear pink pajama pants; so, the socks were a more appropriate compromise.

We wear pink bows. We also give the football coaches pink ribbons to pin on their shirts for games and this year we got pink shirts to wear wear to school on game day in Oct. They say our name on the front, with a pink ribbon instead of a "O" and the words "Never too tough to wear pink" on the back

One year we had a pink camp bow so we wore it to games with our uniform and one year a long time ago we did tall pink socks. We'll usually do a pink out practice where they wear anything pink they already own. That is the extent of it.

I get the point of it, and it really is a great in theory. I just can't justify the expense every year. As a coach who runs an expensive season, I am always trying to cut back on any expenses that aren't 100% needed or usable all/multiple seasons. The pink is great for bringing awareness, but if we're actually trying to do something for breast cancer, I would rather not buy the pink items and give that money straight to research/hospitals/local families. Before it's taken the wrong way, I think it's great to show support for Breast Cancer and the intentions behind it, but all I see is the companies making bank off of everyone's new pink stuff. It started with buy all your new pink stuff, then JAM brands wanted us all to deck out in new purple stuff, then red stuff, and this week Varisty is pushing new gold stuff. At what point is it not about awareness and more about guilt to buy XYZ so you look supportive.

Just a personal pet peeve I have.. Back to the thread.

One year we had a pink camp bow so we wore it to games with our uniform and one year a long time ago we did tall pink socks. We'll usually do a pink out practice where they wear anything pink they already own. That is the extent of it.

I get the point of it, and it really is a great in theory. I just can't justify the expense every year. As a coach who runs an expensive season, I am always trying to cut back on any expenses that aren't 100% needed or usable all/multiple seasons. The pink is great for bringing awareness, but if we're actually trying to do something for breast cancer, I would rather not buy the pink items and give that money straight to research/hospitals/local families. Before it's taken the wrong way, I think it's great to show support for Breast Cancer and the intentions behind it, but all I see is the companies making bank off of everyone's new pink stuff. It started with buy all your new pink stuff, then JAM brands wanted us all to deck out in new purple stuff, then red stuff, and this week Varisty is pushing new gold stuff. At what point is it not about awareness and more about guilt to buy XYZ so you look supportive.

Super Valid Point! There is something to be said about how much is it about the cause. We really go all out because we have SO many events we support surround around the cause and fortunately a cheer parent who is a survivor. It's somewhat our platform. Everyone shows how they care in different ways and that's ok! I've seen schools not wear a lick of pink in October and just changed their "color cheers" all to "pink" instead of "blue"... I thought that was super creative and thoughtful.

Let the Board say AMEN. Why not pay for somebody's chemo?

We wear pink bows, shoe strings and t-shirts with our uniform skirts for games with pink poms for all October football and volleyball games except Homecoming.

Back