High School What It Takes To Be A Male Cheerleader?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oct 27, 2014
Hi
I've never done cheer and I'm a guy. I want to be a cheerleader so bad but what does it take to be a male cheerleader? What skills do I need? I hope I'm not asking for too much I just want to get answers for guys or girls who takes cheer very seriously and that's you guys!
-thanks

Hi
I've never done cheer and I'm a guy. I want to be a cheerleader so bad but what does it take to be a male cheerleader? What skills do I need? I hope I'm not asking for too much I just want to get answers for guys or girls who takes cheer very seriously and that's you guys!
-thanks
Based on your previous posts it will take you the desire and ability to do as instructed and the dedication to continually work to improve. Good luck at tryouts.

*I've tried many different floors but I still can't tumble. What is wrong with these floor companies?*

It takes a lot of dedication and the willingness to wear a flack jacket around your peers for a while. Some will be cool with it, others will come around, others will be relentless in their commentary. So you have to be sure it's something you want more than you care about what people will think/say. Because once you make that commitment you shouldn't bail on it during the period you've committed to. Good luck!

Endless amounts of energy! It's the biggest difference I see between coed and all girl. The guys tend to bring an entirely different energy to the team, which I love. Realistically speaking, partner stunting and tumbling are necessary as well. At least once you get to higher levels. However, you are new! Just be willing to try new things and put in the work during practice as well as outside of practice. You seem very determined, and I'm sure you'll do great! Best of luck!

It takes a lot of dedication and the willingness to wear a flack jacket around your peers for a while. Some will be cool with it, others will come around, others will be relentless in their commentary. So you have to be sure it's something you want more than you care about what people will think/say. Because once you make that commitment you shouldn't bail on it during the period you've committed to. Good luck!
This is true . Even with my son being just 8 ,.. When I tell people he's in cheer I get some reactions. I've gotten the " omg that's for girls " comments but then I've gotten " that's so cool " comments . I will tell you this .. He LOVES it ... And that's all that matters . Good luck to u !

When I noticed I wanted to cheer was when the Florida state cheerleaders visited my school in 5th grade do upcoming cheerleaders and I saw the stunts and the men holding up girls with one hand and the tumbling. to this day I still remember it like it was yesterday and I want to cheer for Florida state.

Well yesterday my sister came Home and helped me with my jumps.Later She is gonna show me the basic motions.
Is she a cheerleader?

**Every time a flyer hits the floor a puppy dies. You do like puppies, don't you Susie?**

Back