What level rules need to be fixed or clarified?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

King

Is all about that bass
Staff member
FBOD:LLFB
Dec 4, 2009
What level rules need to be fixed or clarified?

For example: You may or may not have read a post I started called 'pondering' exploring the grey area of the 18 inch release move rule. I suggest it is stated in the rule it is measure from head level and act as if the entire body is extended OR (in a much simpler way) it is from the lowest point on the flyer to the highest point on the bases (making the bases keep their arms extended). You can raise the length difference to 2 or 3 feet so no one treads on the grey area.

What else needs help?

They definitely need to change/clarify the release move in level that was discussed. I would make it at least 2 feet so it is MUCH clearer. They also need to chage rule D under stunts for level 1. It is ridiculous. It needs to read at least TWO bases need to remain in contact during a transition to allow for preps to go to prep level libs in pyramids, etc. Release moves in level 3 pyramids need to be upgraded IMO. I think Sr Open Level 5 needs many changes. No standing fulls, no one to fulls, no arabians, no rebound tumbling (full punch full, full punch front throught o full, etc.). Large needs to be 30. Large coed needs to be 5-15. I can go ON and ON and ON and ON. lol. That is just the stuff I can think of off the top of my head. Although while I am judging (legalities) I usually catch other things that annoy me as well. lol

I think it needs to be stated that pyramids can not involve bracing by someone on the ground EXCEPT in level 1.

agree with pyramid release moves in level 3, Tired of seeing the same ones over and over because the teams have pushed to the max. Its very hard to get creative and keep an edge above the rest when the pyramids are limited

In level 3 allow 1 arm two high release moves (so tick tocks and switch ups) but no 2 1/2 high.

The way level 3 pyramids are setup now you have to (for all intensive purposes) have outside bracing halfs. This rule change would allow smaller teams to do more AND allow different looking transitions.

No 1 1/2's legal in level 4. Just fullups

I think level 3 tumbling needs to be revisited because going to level 4 is such a jump. You add standing tucks, bhs tucks, bhs layouts, and combo running passes into layouts. Especially since you can't really do any combos into tucks in level 3 other than front handsprings or a stepout through to tuck.

I also think level 2 teams should be able to do toe touch baskets only. Doing straight rides for 9 months to me is a very slow progression.

how about age promoted levels. mini 2 NO baskets. youth / junior 2 straight rides. senior 2 non twisting trick baskets allowed? (quick example)

in level 4 any number of tricks and a single twist basket. (so hitch kick fulls)

No, I don't think that would work. It is much easier to keep it by level. Usually Youth and under teams don't perform the harder skills as many teams or number of groups as older teams do anyways. Everytime I watch a Mini 2, their routines never resemble a Senior 2 routine. I think keep it a toe touch basket.

I also agree about Senior Open 5. When I watched the NCA all star nationals on Fox last week, I didn't notice much difference in the routines from regular level 5.

I think level 3 tumbling needs to be revisited because going to level 4 is such a jump. You add standing tucks, bhs tucks, bhs layouts, and combo running passes into layouts. Especially since you can't really do any combos into tucks in level 3 other than front handsprings or a stepout through to tuck.

I also think level 2 teams should be able to do toe touch baskets only. Doing straight rides for 9 months to me is a very slow progression.
Totally agree with you on the baskets.

No, I don't think that would work. It is much easier to keep it by level. Usually Youth and under teams don't perform the harder skills as many teams or number of groups as older teams do anyways. Everytime I watch a Mini 2, their routines never resemble a Senior 2 routine. I think keep it a toe touch basket.

I also agree about Senior Open 5. When I watched the NCA all star nationals on Fox last week, I didn't notice much difference in the routines from regular level 5.

Actually, it would work and it would be very easy. Also, the young teams are judged on the same grid as the older teams. So, they are in a way "forced" to do the more difficult skills.

I am starting to see youth teams doing switch ups and fullups, I have seen mini 3 do trick baskets (albeit scarily). If there is the ability to do a skill in a division it is always in the back of a coaches mind that we need to be doing this skill to be competitive.

A goal of this sport is to keep kids in it as long as possible (from 5 to 18). If a child at 9 is already able to compete as much as they can and possible to succeed as much as they can then what is there left to look forward to at 18? It is one of the reasons Tara Lipinski(sp) left skating. At 14 she had the gold medal and knew there wasn't any place left for her to go. Its why worlds should just be for seniors. There needs to be something to always look forward to as you get older.

I think the rubric needs to be revisited for Level 1 as their is a huge difference in difficulty for doing stunts and knee level with a back spot or doing them at belly level un assisted.

I think the rubric needs to be revisited for Level 1 as their is a huge difference in difficulty for doing stunts and knee level with a back spot or doing them at belly level un assisted.

while i somewhat agree, think more legality rules and less scoring rubric. cause those vary wildly from comp to comp

Back