All-Star Whats Going On With All Star Cheerleading

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 20, 2011
Does anyone feel as though WORLDS has made the AS cheerleading world a little crazy? I am very disappointed and feel saddend that competitions seem to only be about a race to worlds. I have many reasons as to why i feel this way...here they are. let me know if any of you agree...

1. I have been to 4 competitions this past month. Both have been local and semi big competitions. In total i have only seen at the most 5 (FIVE) level 5 teams. (thats all in total some comps didnt even have 1) I remember when these same competitions were filled with high level teams back when i used to compete. I was soo sad i couldnt show my niece and my boyfriends daughter what the "big girl" teams look like and how cool they are. Level 5 was pretty much non existent because they dont waist their time and money going to comps that don't offer bids....so sad

2. I feel as though because level 5 is the team every gym wants to have...level 4 has been slowly disintegrating. You will see a lot of gyms have multiple level 5 and level 3 teams but only 1 or no level 4! So again...no big girl teams and not a lot of level 4 teams out there anymore.

3. AND oh man worlds....I have to filter through all the horrible and sloppy teams just to see the teams that belong there. Gyms now a days are running around to numerous competitions just to get a "partial paid bid" wouldn't you think if the first 2-3 comps you didn't get one than you don't belong? That is my biggest pet peeve...seeing teams on TV or DVD at worlds that i have to close my eyes n fast forward through. I think UG how did this team get here?

4. I loved the first 2 years of worlds when there weren't a million gyms there and 10 divisions. it seems like every gym that has level 5 is at worlds...not that fun to me. How can you be a world champion when only competing against 11 teams and there is 10 different divisions? maybe if they did a Grand Champion and that would be the "world" champion? IDK i just don't get it

5. what happened to large senior 5 and large senior coed? I hate this...I want my Cheer Athletics, SOT, ACE and my Top Gun back! I understand gyms dont stay the same every year...but i feel as though Worlds plays a big part in the deciding factor of what teams and levels a gym will have.

look at dance worlds...its the same divisions very year
and there's only 4 divisions. NOT TEN LOL and to think next year is going to be even bigger with the "medium" and even more awesome teams dropping down and braking up teams to send multiple teams. BUMMER

BUT don't get me wrong i love worlds I think its a great idea but maybe got a little out of hand. It just doesn't seem like WORLDS to me anymore. Its more like one BIG GIANT completion.

I agree Amanda! Having too many divisions at Worlds can be good I guess, but that just makes it not stand out as much as it used to. Worlds used to be the ultimate best of the best teams, and now its pretty much just a competition for level 5 teams. And I totally agree with the whole "going to numerous competitions just to get a bid" is not the way to go. If you didn't get a bid from the first 3 competitions, youre not good enough. sowwy! ;)

You know what I'm tired of people constantly complaining about the amount of teams at worlds. I say more teams the better. If you cant walk in at beat the 50 small all girl teams than that means your the best. So get over the fact that there are alot of teams its not going to change athletes grow and gyms push harder now for level 5 teams because that is the best competition to go to for your athletes and your business.

I think this is really a matter of what your gym does. All I can speak on is what our location has - 1 level 3 Sr team, 1 level 4 Sr team and 1 1/2 level 5. Our Worlds teams have competed with "the rest of us" at bid- and non-bid comps all season but did have to "reserve" extra travel weekends to chase bids. Personally, I see the strengths and variations of the different types of Worlds-eligible teams and it's fun for me to see how teams maximize these differences.

You know what I'm tired of people constantly complaining about the amount of teams at worlds. I say more teams the better. If you cant walk in at beat the 50 small all girl teams than that means your the best. So get over the fact that there are alot of teams its not going to change athletes grow and gyms push harder now for level 5 teams because that is the best competition to go to for your athletes and your business.

Having too many teams at worlds wasn't my concern. it was having too many awful teams there that i cant stand. Just like any other competition...i cant stand it when a team is i n a level they don't belong in just so they can call themselves "A level 5 worlds team" If you would read more into my post instead of reading just what you wanted to read you would see there was WAY more that just complaining about "too many teams". So try opening your eyes and ears and take the post as it is..not what you wanted it to be.

I agree Amanda! Having too many divisions at Worlds can be good I guess, but that just makes it not stand out as much as it used to. Worlds used to be the ultimate best of the best teams, and now its pretty much just a competition for level 5 teams. And I totally agree with the whole "going to numerous competitions just to get a bid" is not the way to go. If you didn't get a bid from the first 3 competitions, youre not good enough. sowwy! ;)

You might want to take a quick look through the wiki and see what teams got their bid in the first 3 competitions and which teams didn't. Wow, "sowwy" ...Shotting Stars, you're not good enough according to the new "first three competitions rule" to go to Worlds. Better luck next year.

There are a LOT of big names that didn't get ANY kind of bid at the first 3 comps they went to (I don't know if WCSS got an at large or not, and it's 6:30 in the morning so I'm not going to go look. they were just an example because I remember they had a rocky start to the beginning of the season.) I know what you were trying to say, but it came out really rude so I'm calling you out on it. Basically you just want the big names that "belong" there to get bids and anyone else who has the audacity to actually try to achieve something higher than what you and Amanda deem them worthy of should just hang up their pompoms in January and give up?

Having too many teams at worlds wasn't my concern. it was having too many awful teams there that i cant stand. Just like any other competition...i cant stand it when a team is i n a level they don't belong in just so they can call themselves "A level 5 worlds team" If you would read more into my post instead of reading just what you wanted to read you would see there was WAY more that just complaining about "too many teams". So try opening your eyes and ears and take the post as it is..not what you wanted it to be.

I have to agree with @glitterdiva on this. Who are you to judge who is "awful"? I've seen some pretty...no, actually I've seen some reeeeeally awful performances from some really good teams. Teams that everyone says "belong" at Worlds. I'm sorry I agree with glitterdiva. If all the teams are there, and then you beat them all...THEN you are World champs. If you don't like "sitting through" them at Worlds, then only go to Day 2.

And I did read your whole post--but you did contradict yourself. On one hand you're saying that there are no Level 5 teams for you to show the kids at competitions. On the other hand you've said there are sooooooo many extra teams in Level 5 that don't belong there--they're only there to "chase bids" (meaning that they're running all over the country going to EVERY comp there is to try to score a bid). I know you're saying that they don't go to the local comps that aren't giving bids, but then you say they don't belong in Level 5 anyway--so why do you care if they're at local comps?

So you're mad that there are too many teams competing at Level 5 that suck and should be a lower level...and you're mad that there are no Level 5 teams for you to watch. Is this right?

Sorry if I sound snarky, but your post struck a nerve with me. You can't stand teams that try to go to worlds...I can't stand when people say someone doesn't "deserve" something.

I think what you maybe don't realize is those "awful" teams won't be for very long. The Worlds experience inspires a lot of people and teams to get better every year. You have to remember that in their hometown they are the best, its only by getting out of their comfort zone and competing with the best in the world will they get better. They aren't hurting anybody, you could always go get a lemonade when they are on and come back to watch CEA when its all over.

I know my gym hopes to have a level 5 team next season, or maybe the following. I am sure our first season at level 5 will be rough and a TRUE learning experience. I believe it takes years to become an amazing level 5 team, but you bet your butt that if we don finally have a level 5 and do get an chance to attend Worlds......I will take them! Its about the experience, to see their idols on the mat with them. Every team needs to start some were and even if as you put it "don't belong", thats just CRAP! Going to worlds as a new level 5, I feel will only push us to do better and keep going back and improving.

I have said this in other threads and I will say it again...If your teams earns a bid to worlds then you belong at worlds. It's as simple as that. That's our current system is it not!!! It's not very nice and does not reflect good sportmanship to call other teams at worlds "horrible" when like one of the other posters pointed out they are probably the best team from there town or area. If you don't want to watch these "horrible" teams then Im sure you can find something else to do in Disney World...just sayin......

I would like to know how many Level 5 teams in the US with the hopes of going to worlds AREN'T going. Anyone have an idea? I know there aren't many. And that is my issue with worlds... almost everyone that wants to go can get there.

Veteran coaches I've talked to are sick of Worlds. I'm exhausted and our season is just now over so I don't see how they keep going.
They've told me they "have" to go bc of the business side of it. These are the reasons I've heard from them as to why they hate it:
1. They have solid, awesome L5 teams and those CPs will go..... With someone else if they have to, so u have to go to keep those kids.
2. It's ruined their l3 & l4 teams bc kids want to catapult straight to L5 as soon as they get their triple toe tuck (just an example of 1 skill required) and there's always a gym that will take them if their gym doesn't deem them ready.

Now those are only 2 reasons from about 4 coaches I've talked to that have brought teams to Worlds every year since it started. These coaches go every single year and have really really really good teams but have yet to win at Worlds.
It makes me sad to see the passion die bc it's strictly business.

You all can take what i wrote as it is. Pick it apart...only tear apart what you didn't like. that's fine with me. But everything I said was the truth!
Its very upsetting that level 5 teams are almost non existent at comps that dont offer bids (thats the truth)
level 4 is slowing disappearing (thats the truth)
there is now 10 cheer divisions (thats the truth)
cheerleading worlds isnt what it used to be (thats the truth)
Worlds is now MORE like a giant level 5 competition than an actual WORLDS Comp (thats a fact!)
you would NEVER see"horrible" gymnast at Worlds their worlds.
its sad to think a gym is not good if there level 5 team didn't make it to worlds. Its possible that gym could now lose all their great older athlete because of it! Worlds has completely changed and dominated the all star cheerleading world and corrupted it!Companies could go under if they dont have a level 5 worlds team.
THAT'S A FACT!
I do not like the way it changed the AS cheerleading world. i fell as though it changed it more on the negative side that it did the positive. YES there are many positives about Worlds..but I FEEL like its more negative that positive.
Maybe i didnt get my point across the way you would have liked me too. but if you going to type that you get where im coming from but you dont like the way it came out...then don't post anything because its starting trouble! If you understand what i was trying to say and the points i was making then keep it at that...dont twist what im saying around and make it into a negative. Then throw world cup shooting stars at me. Not a good point..and you know what i was saying!
I also feel If cheerleading wants to go anywhere on the "OLYMIPCS" side than i feel as though a lot of things need to change and or stay the same. We need some structure here! lol There should never be this many American teams at a "worlds" event. I FEEL as though its just crazy and a waist of a lot of peoples time and MONEY. leave it at that! this is all what I feel and i was asking if anyone felt the same way!

if you cant say anything nice then dont say anything at all HAHHAHA JP

Back