When Are You Too Old To Cheer?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oct 1, 2011
So I've searched the forum and I can't seem to find an answer to my question.. Soo here we go, my very first thread :p (sorry for my grammar or if I misspelled something, I'm Swedish..)

At what age do you think it's time to stop cheering? Or are you never too old to cheer?

I think as long as your body can do it and you have desire....go for it...I rollerskated and quit for many years....went back because I didnt want to grow old wishing I would have...or saying how good I could have been....I ended up winning the United States Championships at the tender age of 30....I skated against kids that were 16....so don't let anyone or anything tell you that you can't......you decide:)

Hmm i say early 30's (that's just when I'll think I should stop) and hey we have an amazing cheerleader in our squad and shes 37! so for everyone else only when your ticker stops you!

On our senior team (we do it a little different in the UK) we have a lady who's 41, although she now we're starting the new season she attends the non-competing class.

I think so long as your body isn't falling apart (constantly injured) having that kind of experience is an asset to any team. But i think knowing when to quit is good as well.

Well im 23, i feel kind of old, but i know there are people who are older than me, that still cheer. It depends on your body haha! There will come a time when you wont be able to move like ya used to!

NEVER EVER EVER!!! I say never stop..NO BREAKS!! That is my advice for younger cheerleaders who graduate and just want a "break" Trust me, nothing is more depressing than waking up one day after that "break" and having the sudden urge to tumble and realizing you CAN'T =( It takes a while to get your body back in shape to be half as good as you once were!

i've recently been thinking the same thing! i'm a freshman in college but i've allstar cheered all my life. i've been getting sad lately because i keep thinking i'll never be able to allstar cheer again because i will be too old. this post gave me some hope:cheering:

Back