College Which College Cheer Programs Are The Most Fun?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 25, 2013
This is for those of you cheering for colleges now or recently. Did/do you love it? Was the coach someone you respected, and the other athletes people you like? Did the other students show you appreciation? It seems like there are huge disparities in programs at different universities, and it is hard to get a feel for out of state programs without visiting them all (not an option).

I heard that the University of Kentucky was one of those squads. Sure, the practices were very gut-wrenching but to get to see the UK Cheerleaders perform the Wildcat Pyramid at men's basketball games in Rupp Arena (as well as football games at Commonwealth Stadium and women's basketball games at Memorial Coliseum) with the Wildcat mascot in the center of the pyramid while the crowd goes absolutely crazy is very exciting.

Kansas was an amazing experience. For cheer and for non cheer stuff. A lot of the big name programs are run like cheer factories where they bring talent in and after a few years those kids are gone and new ones come in. At KU it was like a family, everyone in it together to cheer the games, to go compete, being in the community, etc.

I highly recommend to all interested.

Did/do you love it? Yes. I was actually surprised at how much I enjoy cheering for a school that just has a game day team. I miss competing like crazy but I still really like it.
Was the coach someone you respected? Yes! I absolutely love my coach, she's awesome! Our assistant coaches are great too.
and the other athletes people you like? Yup.
Did the other students show you appreciation? Ehh, I guess they do. We are a D1 school but not like a Big 10 school or anything. I don't really know if people even care about the cheerleaders that much but I have had people tell me that we looked really good at the games and stuff so I guess they do!

I cheered for Ohio state university and absolutely LOVED it. Gameday experience for football and basketball is unreal. Cheering in front of 107,000 fans every Saturday is something I will never forget. The traditions are amazing and everybody loves the cheerleaders there. The coaches are fabulous and push you to your absolute best! Oh and not only do they have a great gameday atmosphere they also have a nationals competing team!
Ohio State is a great school academically and being on the team is something I will never ever ever forget!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I currently cheer at North Carolina State University and I love it! I look up to and respect all of our coaches! The program is one big family and we all look after one another. We love to have visitors come to our practices and check out/ see what we do!

I'm a Junior Cheerleader at Blackburn College in Illinois! I really love cheering here even though we don't compete. My coach is amazing and I look up to her a ton! I like most of the other cheerleaders, but there are a couple of girls that could go.

Back