Why Am I So Scared!??!!?!?!?!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sep 12, 2012
Ok people i need help! a few weeks back i got my bhs and i was super excited but after i couldnt think of anything to work on? so my coach keeps telling me in 4 weeks she going to have me doing perfect hanspring handspring tucks, and i just freaked out!! she wanted to spot me for a standing tuck and i just avoided her because i was super scared.
Is there anyone out there wo can help me get over this fear, to try and makes things impler for me???
PLEASE!!! xx

Just think that you have a spotter so nothing will happen, and also think that you obviously want to improve and be a better tumbler, right? You gotta get yourself excited to try new things to get better skills! Good luck!

The first time will be scary, it always will be. You just have to stay mentally tough and try new things. Perhaps you could be spotted into the pit until you feel comfortable enough. Tucks are different and may seem scary at first, but once you get it, they're really fun! Good luck!

Emerson_Cheer
I would be a little freaked to...if you just got your bhs. I am sure you still have technique to work on...I rarely see a new bhs that has perfect or even great technique. I'm not sure how your coach can give you a timeline of 4 weeks and tell you that you'll have bhs bhs tuck...it'll probably take longer than that to perfect your technique and possibly be able to add your second bhs...

Keep throwing your bhs.. You can never overwork technique...fundamental skills should progress thoroughly and skillfully. Its never safe to rush skill over technique. Hope this helps!

Emerson_Cheer
I would be a little freaked to...if you just got your bhs. I am sure you still have technique to work on...I rarely see a new bhs that has perfect or even great technique. I'm not sure how your coach can give you a timeline of 4 weeks and tell you that you'll have bhs bhs tuck...it'll probably take longer than that to perfect your technique and possibly be able to add your second bhs...

Keep throwing your bhs.. You can never overwork technique...fundamental skills should progress thoroughly and skillfully. Its never safe to rush skill over technique. Hope this helps!

Yer thats true but my coach is the kind of coach who is just go go go and i can be extremely determined when i want a new skill, (took me a few weeks and i had my handspring thrown easy as without anyone, all holidays i worked on perfecting my walkovers and it worked)
so i guess thats kind of wear it comes from so no i dont think its realistic either.
i just get freaked out now when i think of trying a new skill and it is very fustrating

your just mentally building up a new skill. New skills can be very very scary. You need to just talk yourself down and then try it. After you get past the first attempt it isnt that bad.

Back