All-Star Why doesn't all-star cheerleading have a game-day division?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 24, 2011
Even though all-star cheerleading squads exist solely to compete, I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a game-day division so that teams can incorporate game-day elements into their game-day routine. Thoughts?

Even though all-star cheerleading squads exist solely to compete, I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a game-day division so that teams can incorporate game-day elements into their game-day routine. Thoughts?
That would be the global divisions. Anything more than what they do would be unnecessary for all star IMO

And, really, kids who want sideline/game day can do traditional rec in eleme tary school and middle/high school cheer. Most of the traditional rec teams here practice in a cheer gym and have full access to tumbling, private lessons, etc (the same gym the middle and high schools practice at), so they can build up skills. All star is the kids who really want that style of cheer.

What’s funny: That is what it WAS for the first few years. Everyone did a cheer as part of their routine.

All Music (no cheers) was added as separate division for a minute, then everyone eventually migrated to that and eventually cheers went away.

I remember coaches back in the day saying they preferred no cheer because it wasn't worth much in scoring and it took time out of the routine for higher scoring elements

Back