All-Star World Allstar Federation

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 7, 2016
So yesterday there was an announcement of the World Allstar Federation which is a non-profit governing body for cheer and dance. What do we know about the people behind it? Do we expect USASF and IASF to take retaliatory action against gyms/EPs that join in a away similar to the threats they made against EPs giving "All Star Worlds" bids? What are your thoughts?

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    63 KB · Views: 59
I know nothing about it and am interested in learning more. I am hopeful it will be more successful than Cheer Alliance was since it seems to be along the same premise.

Isn’t this what they were trying to do with All Stars United? (Wasn’t that long ago I’m sure somebody remembers what I’m talking about)

All Star governing bodies have nothing except for proprietary rights and debt, so do I see the USASF and/or IASF suing if WASF infringes on those rights? Absolutely...and, people should side eye them if they don't. Retaliatory action against gym owners wouldn't be wise, unless gym owners have invested in WASF and they're using proprietary material.

I look to the NFL and AFL governing bodies and their proprietary rights resulting in different rules concerning field size, goal posts, roster, scoring, passing, punting, and timing. I welcome anyone into the arena, but I don't underestimate the difficulty of establishing/selling their identity in the sport.

This is all soooo confusing to me from across the border. Is this new thing only for USA? International? Will they be coming with new sets of rules, competitions?

I need coffee. Things look so messy in the cheer world.

This is all soooo confusing to me from across the border. Is this new thing only for USA? International? Will they be coming with new sets of rules, competitions?

I need coffee. Things look so messy in the cheer world.
In reality, the rules have been evolving and changing almost yearly since this sport has existed. With that said, this is business drama. When it comes to sports you can come in and establish your own identity with your own rules and regulations (it was very common 10-12 years ago when there were many EP's). Or, you can merge/acquire if both parties are on board (what has happened in the US over the years). Or, it can be deemed a segment, or segments, have unethical relationships or conflicts of interest and legally forced to re-establish....and, it's a perfect time for a new entity to introduce themselves during the anti-trust legal drama.

Some history:
In 2020, Varsity was slapped with an anti-trust lawsuit <article>. Lawsuit expands <article>. Varsity has a few former execs who are paving their way in AS, and Varsity is suing for violating non-compete clauses
<article>. Varsity is demanding files be returned from an ex-VP who is stating they were given to them upon termination <article>. The USASF is suing for what they consider proprietary material of their logo and the use of the word "World's" (in the US if the logo and product are similar enough, it can cross the line of infringement) <article>.

Ultimately:
This is how/why industries become incestuous with employees leaving to create a similar business with their own ideology. With that said, Corp training and mentality is deeply engrained, fed/state laws in the US remain, unique business obstacles remain, debt grows, creditors (and their shareholders) exist, perceived prestige exists, and why industry leaders end up being very similar at the end of the day.

So I just read about a new competition coming out of this new all star Federation that is supposed to compete with Worlds and offer the following divisions. It’s a lot and rather than just type it all out I’m going to copy and paste.

Also I know this is an attempt to compete with USASF/Varsity but …how many “Worlds” type comps can you have during same week in Orlando? There is already actual worlds and the ASW competition yes?

Proposed divisions for the event:

No international / USA division splits and removal of top 3 from each country advancing.

Athletes can crossover to two teams:

Junior Level 5 and Level 6
U16 Level 5
U16 Coed Level 5
U16 Level 6
U16 Coed Level 6
U18 Level 5 (Seniors)
U18XL Level 6 (Seniors) – Max 50 Members (Coed / All Girl not disclosed)
All Building Divisions (similar to current Non-Tumbling) – Level 5, 6, and 7 (ages not disclosed)
Small up to 20 members
Large up to 35 members
All male division (details coming soon)

This is….a lot.

What nonsense will they think of next. This is becoming a circus. I’m laughing about a division with 50 members. 38 is already pushing it in terms of how safe it is to have that many athletes on the floor.

I don’t mind ASW and don’t really care if teams choose to go to ASW, Summit, or both. But I’d hate if another actual Worlds is invented- that’s one thing that really needs to be left alone. I don’t care if it’s called USASF Worlds or some other name, but a sport needs to have one competition only that determines the best of the best and where everyone ranks. Once you lose that, the sport is a joke. Can we at least pretend this is a legit and serious sport, this is all getting to be too much.

What nonsense will they think of next. This is becoming a circus. I’m laughing about a division with 50 members. 38 is already pushing it in terms of how safe it is to have that many athletes on the floor.

I don’t mind ASW and don’t really care if teams choose to go to ASW, Summit, or both. But I’d hate if another actual Worlds is invented- that’s one thing that really needs to be left alone. I don’t care if it’s called USASF Worlds or some other name, but a sport needs to have one competition only that determines the best of the best and where everyone ranks. Once you lose that, the sport is a joke. Can we at least pretend this is a legit and serious sport, this is all getting to be too much.
Too many worlds, too many nationals...

I am fine with having ICU and USASF/IASF Worlds. I don't care for more than 38 members on the floor (Game Day Live in HS being the exception, as long as the other people aren't throwing stunts or tumbling and are just dancing/playing in the band).

USA Cheer (the ICU one, not the Varsity/United Spirit thing) has attempted to provide some form of unified oversight for non-All Star branches of cheer. The use of the term "Nationals," too, needs to stop being applied to what should be local/regional/invitational competitions. If you want to have a bid or qualification system for your competition, call it "Finals" or "Championship" or whatever you want. But not Nationals unless it's really Nationals. "Super Nationals" doesn't make sense. If you want to have a competition where US and Canada teams can compete together, call it "Continental Championships" or something. At least The Summit is still the Summit and has not been called "Lower-Level Worlds" yet...

If you are keeping track we now have three end of season events on the same weekend:

1. Whatever this is.
2. All Star Worlds
3. Actual USASF worlds.

Can that region even support this many competitions in the same timeframe?

All Star Worlds IS USASF Worlds. Do you mean the fact that we have so many end-of-season events all at Disney? (The Quest, The Summit, D2 Summit, USASF Worlds, IASF Worlds, UCA International All-Star, UCA NHSCC, UCA College Nationals, ICU World School, ICU World Championship, this new thing...)

All Star Worlds IS USASF Worlds. Do you mean the fact that we have so many end-of-season events all at Disney? (The Quest, The Summit, D2 Summit, USASF Worlds, IASF Worlds, UCA International All-Star, UCA NHSCC, UCA College Nationals, ICU World School, ICU World Championship, this new thing...)
There's an all-level competition held in Orlando called All Star Worlds same weekend as USASF/IASF Worlds.

They are two very different comps.

Back