All-Star Worlds: Divisions Vs. Venues (whose Competing Where)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

DJ

Dec 14, 2009
Not sure if the USASF will help to entertain our wishes but for Finals, I'd like to see this at least.
Here's what I would like to see..

The Harry Potter Fieldhouse "Milkhouse"
Large Senior 5
Large Coed 5
Medium Coed 5
Small Coed 5
Small Senior 5

The Josten's Center:
International 5
International Coed 5
International 6
International Coed 6
Medium All Girl 5*

*As a new division, I think they need to serve their time in Jostens before moving to the premiere venue.

Thoughts? Does anyone know if with the eliminations happening that all of the Finals will be able to take place in one venue? One can hope.

What are everyone's thoughts?

I like having some of the International divisions in the Milkhouse simply because they pay a LOT of money to come over here. Had Bangkok not performed in the Milkhouse who would have left their seats to go watch them? I do think that it should rotate every year so that the same people don't complain every year about not being in the Milkhouse.
If I remember correctly only the top 10 in each division make it to finals this year so how off is that from fitting everyone in the Milkhouse to perform? I don't know how many teams typically are in the Milkhouse for finals, but it seems like just taking the top 10 will cut it down quite a bit.

Since finals are only for top 10 teams I hope they will all compete in the Milk House for finals...but this means 100 teams....

Since finals are only for top 10 teams I hope they will all compete in the Milk House for finals...but this means 100 teams....

It could be done. 100 teams 5 min per team is about 8 hrs and 45 min. Add 4 awards sessions at 30 min each and the HP / Milk House would be in service for 12 hrs. 8am start and out by 9pm and all Teams that make it to Finals would be on the Main Stage.

It could be done. 100 teams 5 min per team is about 8 hrs and 45 min. Add 4 awards sessions at 30 min each and the HP / Milk House would be in service for 12 hrs. 8am start and out by 9pm and all Teams that make it to Finals would be on the Main Stage.
For once, I actually LIKE your reasoning.

That is a tad bit longer than finals are historically.

I wouldn't be surprised if international and seniors were split. Or if it was completely random like previously.

And not even 100. Since LAG only has 4 teams in it. Shaved half hour off your plan! :D

I wouldn't be surprised if international and seniors were split. Or if it was completely random like previously.

The past several years they have not been out of Milk House before 8 pm. In addition ALL of the teams that make finals could also be taped for ESPN and there could be a highlight of all Divisions aired.

You're completely right, it's very realistic. The EP I work for just ran an event with ~120 teams and 30 or so individual performances and we did it with just one area for performances/awards. Warmups started at 7:30am and the last awards ceremony was scheduled for 8:30pm. Teams went every 4 minutes.

But could the venue handle all the spectators? I don't think so. U r combinging the 2 seperate venue spectators into 1.... SARDINES....

Back