All-Star Worlds Stories

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

can someone explain the whole omar/CA dedication story? I'm confused as to what happened and would like to hear the whole thing!
Actually. Omar was on top gun large coed last year. About a year after worlds he got in a bad car wreck (same day Carlos got in one and died) and he was about 17 (I think) and after a few days of little to no brain activity his parents had to let the doctors well pull the plug.
Also, as far as i know he was buried in his favorite top gun uniform, and drew Tyler gave him his worlds ring. And this year I saw someone said that drew tweeted/said (not sure which) that he gave omar his worlds ring and Omar helped him win a new one this year.
Omar's open coed 5 (OO5) was the team he was suppose to be on this year.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Actually. Omar was on top gun large coed last year. About a year after worlds he got in a bad car wreck (same day Carlos got in one and died) and he was about 17 (I think) and after a few days of little to no brain activity his parents had to let the doctors well pull the plug.
Also, as far as i know he was buried in his favorite top gun uniform, and drew Tyler gave him his worlds ring. And this year I saw someone said that drew tweeted/said (not sure which) that he gave omar his worlds ring and Omar helped him win a new one this year.
Omar's open coed 5 (OO5) was the team he was suppose to be on this year.

To add to that, CA had a rough performance on Sunday and barely squeaked into finals leaving Top Gun in the 4th place spot and not moving on. CA then dedicated their performance Monday to Omar.

Omar was an athlete on Top Gun Large Coed last year and competed at Worlds 2012. He was supposed to be on I5 this year. Carlos was a former athlete from not too long ago. . They were in separate accidents in May 2012 on the same night. Carlos died immediately. Omar was on life support and everyone prayed for a positive outcome, but it was not to be. Omar was taken off life support and his organs were donated to 5 different people including the mother of a former Top Gun athlete. donatelife.net

Cheer Athletics was making a beautiful gesture.
eh I know I will get so much hate for saying this but anyway.
Yes they did make a beautiful gesture. I loved the routine and I have so much respect for them for doing this. I somehow know Omar helped them win!!
And CA ordering another ring for his mother is so nice and sweet.

But as soon as found out TGLC won I was wondering if they will order a ring for Omar to.

Please don't take this in a bad way because I didn't mean to sound rude.

IOC5. 005. I would think they wouldn't necessarily decide to order a ring for a team he would not have been on...a win he wouldn't have had. Or perhaps that may have been TG's plan to order it if a TG team won but Wildcats offered with out knowing. After all Wildcats dedicated their performance (and ultimate win) to Omar since OOC 5 didn't have the chance to do it. At the end of the day, its a very sweet gesture from CA, and something that didn't have to be done by either organization

Back