Wrist Strength

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 21, 2010
I don't have wrist problems, but I know it's common for wrists to hurt while practicing more elite stunts like full ups and such, where your hands are twisted in weird directions. What are some ways I can strengthen them so I can avoid pain and be a better base?

output048.png

We used to do these three exercises with tubing or stretchy bands (vary the resistance as you get stronger) once the pop cans and small hand held weights became too light. I think we did sets of 25-30 reps curling our wrist up (both palm down and palm up) and the supination/pronation (palm facing in). Other than that, lots of stretching and make sure that your shoulders, arms, and wrists are stretched out and all in equal strength - if one is more flexible or weaker than the rest, something else is going to start compensating for it.
Good luck!

Reactions: VTX
output048.png

We used to do these three exercises with tubing or stretchy bands (vary the resistance as you get stronger) once the pop cans and small hand held weights became too light. I think we did sets of 25-30 reps curling our wrist up (both palm down and palm up) and the supination/pronation (palm facing in). Other than that, lots of stretching and make sure that your shoulders, arms, and wrists are stretched out and all in equal strength - if one is more flexible or weaker than the rest, something else is going to start compensating for it.
Good luck!
These are some of what I was trying to say....I love your diagram, much better then curl different directions lol

Back