High School Young On Varsity

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 30, 2012
I am in 8th grade and I am on the Varsity team at my school. I did allstar when I was younger for 4 years and I have a tuck. Has this happened to anyone else where they were placed on Varsity in 8th grade? Because me and my 2 friends did it this year and 5 years ago my cousin, her friend (the captain this year) and their other friend made it in 8th grade. Do any other schools do that???

Is 8th grade considered to be high school for you? Because that was middle school for me and there was only one team.

Some high schools pull up from their middle school to fill in varsity teams. Others do not. I guess it depends on district policies and what is needed for varsity that particular year. In our district, they do not pull up from the middle school for cheer and very few freshman make varsity even having tucks.

We don't allow middle school kids to be on our high school teams. So to answer your question, no.

No schools in my area pull from middle schools since most middle schools filter into multiple high schools. And in my county, most schools don't even let underclassmen on Varsity.

No schools in my area pull from middle schools since most middle schools filter into multiple high schools. And in my county, most schools don't even let underclassmen on Varsity.
Both of our middle schools feed into 1 high school so I guess it is easier to take them.

Both of our middle schools feed into 1 high school so I guess it is easier to take them.
Yeah I guess it's easier to do so in smaller communities but in my HS, we have three main middle schools that feed into my HS and tons of other HS. To me, letting 8th graders onto a varsity HS team seems pointless. School cheerleading should be kept to just the students of one school. There is so much in school involvement (at least at my school) to have someone from another school on your school team. That's what allstars are for..
Idk, just ranting, not hating on the idea of those situations. Just seems odd in my book :)

We dont do that either...and we have three middles that go to one public, but we do have a few private schools. that is just weird to me. Personally, if we did have that i wouldnt take varsity serious ever. not as a 8th grader, through senior year because you have girls who dont go to the school, cheering with you. Sorry if that sounds mean, im not sure im voicing it right...
But we did steal an 8th grader for our jv comp routine after one person wasnt allowed to compete and comps this weekend... :rolleyes:

Yeah I guess it's easier to do so in smaller communities but in my HS, we have three main middle schools that feed into my HS and tons of other HS. To me, letting 8th graders onto a varsity HS team seems pointless. School cheerleading should be kept to just the students of one school. There is so much in school involvement (at least at my school) to have someone from another school on your school team. That's what allstars are for..
Idk, just ranting, not hating on the idea of those situations. Just seems odd in my book :)
I can't do allstar because of the cost, I used to but something happened but I mean like its your opinion thanks for voicing it! :)

My school does, I too am in eighth grade. We try out at the end of this school year though. I don't know whether i want to be on Varsity/Competition team. Could anyone tell me the differences in skill between varsity/competition and JV?

My school does, I too am in eighth grade. We try out at the end of this school year though. I don't know whether i want to be on Varsity/Competition team. Could anyone tell me the differences in skill between varsity/competition and JV?
well for us our JV doesnt compete

How do they even get away with that? Seems like there would be rules about highschool teams having to be highschoolers....

Latest posts

Back