All-Star Your/your Cp's Tryout Goals For 2018/2019?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

oncecoolcoachnowmom

Bestest Newbie '14
Mar 2, 2014
Now that we officially have hit the "now what" point of the season I figure I'd drum up some conversation about NEXT season.

WHAT are your/your kid's goals for the upcoming season?

Ex:

Does he/she just want to get better at current level (ex: round 2 on J3?)

Is she hoping to move up a level?

Certain skill she wants to get?

Is the goal this season a Worlds team?

Last edited:
My first goal for me is to try to go to more tumbling classes because I'm sooo close to my round off hand spring full! (May not work out because I have a job now). My other goal is hopefully be placed on the new 12+ y/o international open team my gym might field this year.
My overall number 1 goal is for this season to be better then all previous seasons I've done cheer.

CP's goal is to improve her tumbling so she can perform everything at the elite standard next season. She didn't have a specialty running pass and she would like that this season.

My hope and wish for the season is an age and level appropriate team for her. Her age qualifies her for a Junior team next year. But I know she'd prefer a Senior team to be with more girls her age.

CP's goal is to "just make a team" smh

She seems to think that because she can't tumble anymore, they won't place her. She's been on a level 2 team the last 2 years. That's where she will end up again even though she can't tumble.

Her main goal is to thoroughly enjoy her senior and last year in all star.

Hoping that a shoulder injury clears up so I can go into my third season of University cheer but if it doesn't I'm hoping to make the Uni Hip Hop team attached to the cheer squad as its something I've wanted to try for years and never gotten around to.

Mine wants to improve her tumbling so she can do more than just stunt in the routine. She's in the Level 3 workout group but knows she has some work to do if she wants to stay there. She needs her standing series and her robhs tuck. She's hoping to have her layout by the end of the season so she can do Level 4 her senior year of HS.

Ugh - I don't like to spend so much brain power on it. However CP is hoping for placement on the worlds team. She has all the tumbling. Had it last year actually, but with the switch to XS the gym made they had an overabundance of flyers. My daughter is tiny but very strong, so they had her spend a year on 4, basing elite and only flying in pyramid. To become 'versatile'

So this year she goes to placements with her skills (double, trick double, standing full, etc) and her versatility and tries to earn her spot - along with the sudden influx of athletes that have signed up for placements since Tuesday that are new to the gym but watched her gym globe on Monday. Ugh. Again, she has worked her ever loving booty off doing everything anyone has asked of her...its her ultimate goal, so my fingers are crossed.

Last edited:
CP just hopes they don't move her down to a prep team again. Last year she practiced with the M1 AS practice group and at placement time was moved to T1 prep. She aged out of tiny so that's not an option this year but she still does not have her BWO and after they did it to her last year she's afraid they'll do it again. With the way practices have been going I don't think that will happen, but you never know.

My CPs goal is to perfect her full this year. Hers isnt competition ready right now (maybe in a few month, but you never know), and we both don't think it's worth the stress of being on a team where you aren't 100% confident with the skillset. Over the years she has been in cheer, we have watched kids get placed on a team that was a bit of a stretch and they were miserable the whole season trying to play catch up with private after private or throwing skills with no confidence and getting injured or just mentally psyched out.

CP is hoping that we have enough kids for a Senior 2.1 or even 3.1 Prep or S1 All Star. She doesn’t want to be on a team with 6 yr olds at age 13,which is what happened last season on J1Prep, but doesn’t feel ready to move to a level 2 since she really is only just now getting her level 1 tumbling really solid. She can base at a higher level than she can stunt, so the new prep levels seem like a great fit.

Ugh - I don't like to spend so much brain power on it. However CP is hoping for placement on the worlds team. She has all the tumbling. Had it last year actually, but with the switch to XS the gym made they had an overabundance of flyers. My daughter is tiny but very strong, so they had her spend a year on 4, basing elite and only flying in pyramid. To become 'versatile'

So this year she goes to placements with her skills (double, trick double, standing full, etc) and her versatility and tries to earn her spot - along with the sudden influx of athletes that have signed up for placements since Tuesday that are new to the gym but watched her gym globe on Monday. Ugh. Again, she has worked her ever loving booty off doing everything anyone has asked of her...its her ultimate goal, so my fingers are crossed.

I love the XS division and the attention it brings to the talent at smaller programs.

I never considered the fact that doing well creates an influx of interest in a team that has like 12 spots!

I love the XS division and the attention it brings to the talent at smaller programs.

I never considered the fact that doing well creates an influx of interest in a team that has like 12 spots!

Part of the influx is that, another is that the gym moved into a BEAUTIFUL new facility that awes just about anyone coming in as well as the decision announced by other local gyms that they will cap numbers to stay D2 and not form higher level teams (up to level 3 only). And although Elite globing this year was a first in the entire state, Elite has had the highest placing Worlds team in the state for quite some time so there is always some additional interest.

I would hope that if the interest and talent level for a larger team in a larger division is there, they would consider it. They were medium last year and placed sixth at worlds so its not that its never been done.

Anyway, placements are next week with team announcements on the 13th. Fingers crossed!

Right now, my daughter yelling and crying she is ready to return to AS and begging for me to sign her up for tumbling privates... However, I think this excitement will fade now that Worlds and Summit programs are almost off my TV...
PS:
I am not encouaging her at all, the cost savings of not doing AS is just too AWESOME!

Like @alpaca 's CP, mine wants to first be on a Sr team. Still technically Jr age (she'll be 14 in June), she would prefer a team with girls closer to her age.

She has been at level 2 for 4 seasons now. This will be her 5th. She has level 3 standing and stunting. She is blocking (still) on her ROBHT and she refuses the throw her FP (she has it but will only throw it on a mat). She is also working on her FWO. She taught herself years ago and does it on the wrong leg. Most times she can still stay on count (even with taking a half step to reset). But she knows it needs to be the correct leg and smooth. So she's working on that.

She'll be happy with S2 or S3. Probably most comfortable on S2 if she isn't throwing her running 3 skills. We'll see in a few weeks :)

My daughter is hoping to make J3. Our gym may have a youth team, so they'd likely rather place her there, but she's an excellent flyer, and her best friend (and our carpool) will age out of youth, so they really want to be together. I'm not sure what we'll do if they aren't. Lack of carpool could kill me. Tumbling wise, she has a goal of getting her full by her 10th birthday, which is in December, so we'll see. I'm not stressing this year. Her skills are all there, so we'll see.

Back