Youth/junior Cac Athlete Attacked By A Dog

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

mommadonna

Cheer Parent
Nov 13, 2010
Please pray for one of Babydonna's teammates. She was attacked from behind by a dog while visiting family over the Thanksgiving break. She had to have 18 stitches in the back of her head. She is at home now recovering, but will need lots of prayer to heal quickly from both the physical and emotional impact this incident will have. This little girl is very talented and sweet, and we love having her on the team. Please keep her and her family in your prayers. Thanks.

That's awful mommadonna :(
My prayers for this little one. I hope she makes a complete recovery. I imagine she will be quite terrified of dogs now.
Thanks. We're all so heartbroken that she and her family are having to go through this. Keep the prayers coming!

That's awful mommadonna :(
My prayers for this little one. I hope she makes a complete recovery. I imagine she will be quite terrified of dogs now.

Maybe not. Cp was attacked by a dog about 8 years ago and had to have 24 stitches in her lip and face. She still looooooves dogs as much as she did before.

Prayers for the little girl - that must have been so scary for her! :(

Maybe not. Cp was attacked by a dog about 8 years ago and had to have 24 stitches in her lip and face. She still looooooves dogs as much as she did before.

Oh my goodness...that must have been horrible for both of you! Glad she made a good recovery and isn't carrying any fear from the incident. I hope it goes the same for this one. She actually had 18 staples, not stitches. I so feel for her and her mom right now. I don't know what I'd do if that happened to Babydonna. I don't even want to think about it.

Oh my goodness...that must have been horrible for both of you! Glad she made a good recovery and isn't carrying any fear from the incident. I hope it goes the same for this one. She actually had 18 staples, not stitches. I so feel for her and her mom right now. I don't know what I'd do if that happened to Babydonna. I don't even want to think about it.

I wasn't with her when it happened - she was at a friend's house. So I had to meet them at the ER. I was a basket case. They ended up taking me out of the room because I apparently wasn't helpful.

Staples are awful, I've had them once. That poor little girl! Hoping for a fast recovery. :(

Poor baby! She must have been terrified! I've had patients who were victims of dog bites, and the parents were more upset than the babies who were injured...and that's perfectly ok. I will pray for her full and complete recovery. God's promises are true.

Thanks, y'all! This little girl is precious and athletic and scrappy. I'm sure she'll be just fine. She just needs lots of prayers to help her get through this as quickly and painlessly as possible. Thanks again so much! I'll keep y'all posted on her progress.

I wasn't with her when it happened - she was at a friend's house. So I had to meet them at the ER. I was a basket case. They ended up taking me out of the room because I apparently wasn't helpful.

Staples are awful, I've had them once. That poor little girl! Hoping for a fast recovery. :(
I don't think I'd be very "helpful" either. Glad your Cp is okay!

Update:
Girl was at practice tonight! Just watched and hung out with the team during breaks. She's doing great! Mom told us that she is cleared for all activity when her staples come out next week. God is great!!! As it turns out, she went down into a ball when the dog attacked her, so the dog bit the back of her head instead of her face. Some of the bites were down to the skull. A vigilant parent was able to get the dog off her before it really had a chance to crunch down. The mom said that it could have turned out so much worse than it did. Thank so much for all the prayers!!!

Yikes! I just saw this so I'm sorry I didn't reply sooner. I'm glad she isn't afraid (kids are so freaking resilient!), I can't say I wouldn't be.

I'm always nervous about big dogs around my kids. I've known too many people that have been mauled (and one killed!) by dogs.

Back