All-Star Youth Makeup

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 3, 2014
What makeup does your youth athlete wear for competition?

CP's team wears eyeshadow and mascara. I choose to add blush and eyeliner. Lipstick is still being debated for her team this year.

Our entire gym does red lipstick with a smokey eye from Tiny to Senior. I personally add mascara avoid eyeliner, a light amount of foundation and blush.

The only thing mandated is a smokey eye and red lipstick. I use bronzing powder, mascara, and eyeliner on CP as well so that she doesn't look like no-eyed Casper in pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What makeup does your youth athlete wear for competition?

CP's team wears eyeshadow and mascara. I choose to add blush and eyeliner. Lipstick is still being debated for her team this year.
Fancy Face HPIC. Purple smoky eye with blush and red lips. I'm not totally a fan of the red lips, but it shows well on the floor.

I fear our girls look like Mimi from the Drew Carey show:

th

Man y'all have it easy ;)
When I was Youth aged, we wore teal glitter and white glitter, fake eyelashes, liner and the whole nine yards...Also had to top our red lips with red glitter!! I was not a happy camper :D
Same, but in juniors. Silver glitter on our eyelids and royal blue going up past our crease, black eyeliner, and red lipstick with red glitter. Even up until 6 years ago we were still doing glitter just at a different gym.

The entire gym has a smoky eye with the eyeliner doing a little cat tail and red lips. They included some red blush in our mandatory makeup but my super pale kiddo can't wear it without appearing clown like (I sub our own blush in). My daughter likes to add mascara as well. Our junior and up teams wear their hair one way, our mini and youth another, and our tiny a third (and fourth way- we have 4 tiny teams and there are 2 wearing it one way and 2 another).

From prep, to tiny, all the way to senior....we all wear the same makeup. It's Wink cosmetics; purple and silver eyeshadow, eyeliner, a red lip gloss, then our own blush and mascara. Last year I skipped the eyeliner and mascara on bottom lids on my CP but this year (still tiny; first grader now) she's ok with it and I do the whole thing.

Our mini/youth wear white shimmery eye shadow with black in the outer corner to create a smokey effect, bronzer/blush, and red lips. Foundation, mascara, and eye liner are optional for them but required for junior and senior teams.

I like how gyms leave most of the makeup optional for little ones, except for eyeshadow and lipstick. I feel like those are the only two elements that are really needed for cohesiveness. I personally wouldn't want to cake makeup on my little one (if I had one lol) but I don't judge parents who do for comps. The fact that it's optional is a good thing for parents, IMO.

Wow, y'all have some crazy requirements! Our youth had a purple glitter line on the side of one of their eyes. That's it. Our seniors just had to have silver glitter eyeshadow, preferably winged liner as well but some didn't. Then foundation/blusher/mascara/whatever was optional, one comp I had foundation but hated it, one I did fake lashes, that was fun, but one I even forgot mascara lol. I'm not sure I will compete full face of make up this year either, I felt so gross sweating in foundation..

Back