All-Star Youtube Of A&t Meet For All Stars Thinking About Scholarships

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

cheersafety

Cheer Parent
Jan 7, 2010

Quinnipiac v Fairmont State 4/6/13 meet

If you haven't seen an A & T here is one easy to view on Youtube. Next year the will be several more teams including Hawaii Pacific University going with A & T.

All participants of A & T teams are Varsity athletes who must meet NCAA eligibility requirements and are treated as such at their university.

Check it out and see what all the excitement is about!

I couldn't watch the whole thing, it was putting me to sleep.

Do A&T teams compete on dead mat or spring floor? I watched some vids and I couldn't quite tell. If it's dead mat all the time, some of these girls have a LOT of power!

When I click play the video starts and then ends right away and says that the full time of the video is "0:00" :(

When I click play the video starts and then ends right away and says that the full time of the video is "0:00" :(
I just tried it and it worked, so I'm not sure. Try clicking on the link that takes you to the youtube channel.

I am 42 minutes in watching this and I've noticed 2 things.
First, it moves soooooo sloooooow. There is so much downtime between heats.
Second, the announcer guys are really annoying. I get they're from Quinnipiac, but they are so biased! Also, it annoys me that they don't know any of the terminology, they even admit to it. They're also really monotonous and I'm about to mute them and put on cheer music.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

It's not just the downtime, but the stunting (although it's mostly good technique) is really slow.
And i'm watching it on my phone, so it's hard to tell - but did the girls from the one team wear some kind of gloves for stunting?

Reactions: Ems
The announcers are horrible. Flat and ZERO knowledge of terminology. They called the flyers "the girls being lifted"....come on, give them a study sheet. Better yet, I'm sure you could find someone with cheer background in the communications major at the school who would do a fabulous job. Those two have to go.

One lesson about announcers:

There are lots of good and bad ones. The more involved with college sports you get the more you notice it. It is definitely an art form to be entertaining, knowledgeable, and not annoying.

In my nightmares I hear repeated over and over 'Kiss Cam!' (Something I heard a lot this year).

It's slow, slightly boring, and just SO different from the cheerleading we know. Personally it took away some of the things that drew me to the sport in the first place. I love the idea on paper! I'm just torn on how I feel about it in practice.
I agree and disagree with you. I think it could definitely move faster (between events and the events themselves). The things I LOVE about A&T is there is no room for scoring discrepancies. I love the way the girls are treated and respected by the Universities. I have 2 former athletes participating (Baylor/Oregon). I coached at HPU many years ago and our athletes were pampered, but these athletes are pampered x10 and RESPECTED by the Universities. I've heard of meets with 5k+ in attendance. I think it may take a few more years to work all the kinks out but it's the best thing I've seen in regards to athlete respect, TRUE elements, scoring and the BEST current effort to be a LEGITIMATE sport recognized by the NCAA.

Back