All-Star Flat Feet & Leg Pain

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Keep_Believing

Staff member
Cheer Parent
FBOD:LLFB
Apr 11, 2011
My CP is 10 years ols. She does all star cheer & gymnastics. Her left leg has been hurting a lot. I took her to the Doctor. He said she has flat feet. He said she needs to cut back and when she tumbles & works out she should wear shoes that provide support since her feet are flat. At comp. she will have to wear her team shoes, but for tumble classes we are open. Any suggestions or ideas?

i had the same problem and for a little while i had orthotics and those worked very well but then i injured my ankle very badly so now i have ankle braces that have an arch kinda like an orthotics and it works well too. also i just dont push myself too hard in the middle of comp season going to too many extra tumbling classes so i dont get hurt, when my feet or leg would start to bother me too much to even walk sometimes my coach just wouldn't have me tumble or jump or both.

i had the same problem and for a little while i had orthotics and those worked very well but then i injured my ankle very badly so now i have ankle braces that have an arch kinda like an orthotics and it works well too. also i just dont push myself too hard in the middle of comp season going to too many extra tumbling classes so i dont get hurt, when my feet or leg would start to bother me too much to even walk sometimes my coach just wouldn't have me tumble or jump or both.

Thanks. You definitely know what she is going through.

Thanks. You definitely know what she is going through.
oh yes i do! all that and more.. ive had bad flat feet problems since i was 10 or 11 and serious arthritis since i was 12... i am now 16 and still a die hard gym rat despite all the pain. But it does get all better with the right care and i hope she feels better!:)

SUPERFEET! It's a company that makes removable insoles for your shoes that provide AMAZING arch support and comfort. I used to have the same problem with my knees hurting after practices. I got a pair of these one day and put them into my cheer shoes and since then I've never had knee problems and it even helps a bit with my back. They're relatively cheap and last an incredibly long time. Here's the website so you can look more into it.
Superfeet Premium Insoles

My cp also has very flat feet and has had tons of ankle and knee issues when she's working hard on tumbling. She's used Sole orthotics for the last few years, which make a big difference, as long as she wears them at all times. I agree with MissCongeniality , no Uggs or flip flops. Here's the link to the site:
SOLE Custom Footbeds
I like them because they're semi-custom. Yes, they are a bit expensive, but much less than true custom orthotics, and they still allow for movement and proper support of the foot.

My cp just started wearing orthotics due to her lack of arch and she has a special way she tapes. Tomorrow we rec'd a sleeve that goes around the foot that will help with arch support in lieu of taping. I will let you know the name of the sleeve when I rec'd it tomorrow from the doctor.

You can wear uggs just put the orthotics in them.

I got told by the docs that I have flat feet too! So I got given lots of physio exercises to do and wear orthotics most of the time and they really help :) hope you find a solution for your cp!

Oh my! I didnt know but i did notice my back was aching whenever i wore themso makes perfect sense! Yikes!

Back