All-Star 2013 Positives!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 14, 2009
Saw the pet peeve section & thought it would be nice to have a positive section. it could be anything positive - the way a comp. was run, a great trend you see starting, a team doing something great....

i have to say i am always so impressed with Brian Elza and how Athletic events are run.
Everything is always so organized & on time. The staff is very accomodating & the coaches room is the best - live feed & tons of food!

A few shoutouts from our season so far:
  • Jammy- Supernationals is a well-oiled machine. Their awards hall is amazing! No waiting around for 6 divisions, etc. Show up at your time, get on stage, awards, and then get going. Scorecheck was pretty awesome too. We're excited they're using it at GLCC Showdown too.
  • UCA- Scoring this year is a lot more consistent with the changes they made to make their grids more specific. Also, we got a scoring breakdown of every team in our division. Amazing.

I saw two things at Cheersport Grand in Atlanta last weekend:

1) A CAO Elite Sr 4 team fought and saved a stunt from falling.
2) Families of the gym throughout the seating area, obviously parents of younger athletes, went wild with support.

The experience I had at Jamfest Super Nationals this year was great!!!!! I may not have been able to compete but for me it was really good! I thought it was smoothly run and I LOVE Jam rehearsal!

Saw the pet peeve section & thought it would be nice to have a positive section. it could be anything positive - the way a comp. was run, a great trend you see starting, a team doing something great....

i have to say i am always so impressed with Brian Elza and how Athletic events are run.
Everything is always so organized & on time. The staff is very accomodating & the coaches room is the best - live feed & tons of food!
Sorry if you thought my thread was negative lol - just thought it would be an interesting topic.

i like "Cheerlebrity Free Zone Agreement" which was endorsed by POWER. i always support everyone who starts the real action to bring up solution toward important issue or problem. it is better than just keep arguing about it and ending with no solution at all. my respect is given to every gym owners and coaches who took part in :)

More and more event producers are starting to release more of the scoring information. This allows coaches and teams to actually know why they won or lost. In the past everyone simply had to guess. They still do not release as much info as they should, but several are making strides in the right direction.

I guess this is more a personal positive for 2013. It felt great to have my team back again, and to be able to cheer again. After having to take last season off because of illness and on top of that coming back to my team ripped apart, I couldn't have asked for a better season this year. It was unfortunately bitter sweet, because I'm afraid we've seen the last of coed at the rock... which also means I've probably seen the last of my cheering days too.

I went to a competition today to watch my old gym compete, and their rival gym was there. Although they were told not to talk to athletes from my old gym at all and were posting nasty comments about my old program, they performed really well and my old gym supported their teams as they were performing and congratulated them after awards. I believe that's true sportsmanship shown from my old gym and I'm proud of them for that!

My old gym placed 2nd out of 5 in their level 3 and 3rd out of 6 in their level 2 last weekend. Proud of them! Probably some of the best placings (small, new gym that's been struggling a bit) that they've gotten.
Their gymnastics program placed 1st as a gym, and at the meet before they did great as individuals, they have 1 gymnast in level five (1st place) 1 gymnast in level 3 (1st place) and many gymnasts in level 4 (placed 1st, 2nd, and 3rd)
Happy to see my old gym improving! Although their gymnastics program has always been amazing. But it keeps getting better and better! Proud of them :)

Back