5 Days Of Gifts Giveaway: Spirit Box

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 28, 2013
Click For Full Article

CheerMAD is celebrating its 5-year anniversary and as always, YOU get the gifts!
For the next five days, leading up to the official anniversary on Sunday, CheerMAD will announce a product that it believes is 100% "Certifiably CheerMAD" and you'll have the chance to win each day. (details below).
5beb87_c9bd927e62484fd28ee5684aeac84946~mv2.jpg

The very first Certifiably CheerMAD product and our first ever product endorsement is:
5beb87_9628a44844914afbb61986d3a2f7c6d5~mv2.jpg
5beb87_bf536fcfb15d43d08a22b65a88df5158~mv2.jpg

As its creator Christin O’Brien says “If you love to see your kids happy, you will love Spirit Box.”
5beb87_612a6d0b3dc542ac9e89fbf6b7eed365~mv2.jpg

I totally agree!
A monthly subscription delivers just this. I can’t imagine anything better than giving my child the experience of anticipation, receiving a box of joy, special delivery from Fed Ex or USPS, followed by the excitement of discovering what’s inside. And next month, the subscription delivers a brand new box of quality cheer-related products with a new theme.
5beb87_c4a4954e7411431383d7f2524168ca84~mv2.jpg

Not surprising to me(because many cheer moms and dads have a knack of finding a niche for a product or service that they can do, and usually better than others, in their children's favorite activity)Christin, pictured left, is a cheer mom herself: daughter Mairead, 11, cheers for East Celebrity Elite on its Level 5 Senior Restricted and Level 4 Large Senior Coed. Christin's also president of her son's football booster club.
As you know, I LOVE when a cheer parent discovers their purpose! The goal of CheerMAD is to support cheer moms and dads, and parents like Christin, I believe, deserve the support of the whole cheer parent community.
5beb87_91a621471ab94dbea6a920f0ad166506~mv2.jpg

About Christin O'Brien and Spirit Box
An educator when not driving her daughter to practices or comps, Christin decided last year, as she was recovering from appendicitis surgery, that she wanted to improve her quality of life, make her own hours and be more present in her children's lives.
Christin started Spirit Box in March selling 38 boxes. By May's shipment, she needed the help of “Eight great cheer mom friends,” she said to help pack over 200 boxes (pictured below).
5beb87_9d05fecf69584db5a1b5505443ceba4e~mv2.jpg

By June, 300 Spirit Box subscriptions were fulfilled which earned her the attention of the distributor who works with major national subscription box companies.
That’s because, Christin (and I) believes that she doesn’t accept any product that she wouldn't buy for her daughter herself, no flimsy bows, no samples, all first-rate REAL items.
“As we continue to grow, I’m all about quality and consistency,” Christin said. “But most importantly, I want something for kids to smile about.”
With $27.99 monthly subscription to Spririt Box, each package arrives based on a different theme full of products which can include shirts, make-up, magazines…anything cheer related (so of course, every box includes a bow!).
5beb87_f63a1603bf48423995734e62cca8a0a1~mv2.jpg
5beb87_1b314d0c965a4dfa857610c07a7a00d3~mv2.jpg

May's Spirit Box (left) was a Tribute to the Cheer Mom and included surprises for both athlete and their supportive MOM! Overflowing with an infinity-style bracelet (right), hair teaser brush, bow, Starbucks "on the go" cup, makeup, and hairspray, the monthly subscription of $27.99 was less than 50% of the $65 value of the box.
Chris's goal to bring the value of every Spirit Box up to $100 or more was achieved this month with June’s Summer Fun Box. It included over $115 worth of products: Malibu Sugar long sleeve mesh shirt in bright colors; sunscreen from Natural MadScience; Red lipstick to try for comp from Pretty Girl Cosmetics; a fun RW&B bow from Bom Bows; Moringa Dry Hair Oil from Rock Your Hair; a fun no slip headband from BeachGirl Headbands; a pinwheel; and fun summer candy!
In addition to the monthly boxes, Chris is working towards individual specialty boxes, fundraising boxes and boxes specifically made for individual gyms that can be sold in Pro shops. She is planning a fun box in August- what she'll only say is a "BIG SURPRISE"- one time order box. Spirit Box is also contemplating making MINI boxes for gift giving or receiving just 3-4 times per year- aimed at our more mature athletes.
5beb87_d9b5dc5dcfb04caf964af06a908c3516~mv2.jpg

"I truly attribute the growth of Spirit Box to my understanding of the Cheer Mom," Christin said. "Being a cheerleader's mom is a lot of work but a lot of reward and the one thing we love to do is reward our hard-working athletes.This is why I started the box in the first place for my own daughter." (Pictured right)
"Another reason is because of the high quality products," she continued. "I do not want to put chemically laden products in the box or something that might harm the children. And I truly value all of my subscribers.
For her inginuity, determination, and a great cheer product for Certifiably CheerMAD's kids, Christin O'Brien and Spirit Box receive CheerMAD's stamp of approval and product endorsement.
"I would truly like to congratulate CheerMAD on their five year anniversary," Christin said upon learning of her selection. "This is a special place that really allows parents to feel part of the All-Star world. CheerMAD allows parents to be informed and gives us a voice in the AllStar community."
"I am so proud to work with Lisa and CheerMAD because she began this to help her cheer mom and dad friends and that's precisely why we started Spirit Box," she continued.
"We've found there is a great deal of synergy between us and we are elated to be selected to receive the exclusive Certifiably CheerMAD seal of approval," Christin added.
5beb87_681c41c7982242d3b2fdc1567f6f188c~mv2.png

For a chance to win one of five Spirit Boxes, tag five friends on CheerMAD.com's FACEBOOK page. It's that easy.
If you are interested in subscribing to Spirit Box for your child go to https://myspiritbox.cratejoy.com/
Here is a list of upcoming themes:
5beb87_0bd3eb10255348fd8046bff303ef5ee0~mv2.jpg

July–Summer Campbox- this will be a FUN box with lots to take to camp and something to store them in!
August--Back to School- great items to help prepare for your school squad or team and getting back into the rhythm of weekly practices and kicking off the new season!
September--Fall Back in Love with your SPIRIT !
October–PINK-Supporting Breast Cancer Awareness
November–WE ARE SO THANKFUL FOR YOU!!Lots of ways for us to say thank you and put some extra items in this box!
December--NEW YEAR- COMP SEASON Kickoff
To see past boxes and what you can expect: https://spiritboxsite.wordpress.com. For more information, please email [email protected]

Back